Smart, Connected Products
Smart, connected products are used in IoT-driven healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and other sectors to monitor, control, optimize device performance. In IoT since 2009, ScienceSoft designs, builds and supports IoT platforms and apps for smart, connected products to increase their autonomy.
Smart, connected products consulting
to evaluate the feasibility of a smart, connected product implementation project, collect and analyze functional requirements to smart, connected products and user apps, define the implementation project scope and schedule.
to verify the viability and effectiveness of software architecture design.
Architecture design for an IoT solution (including an underlying IoT platform and user apps for smart, connected products)
to create a scalable architecture that allows to add new smart connected products to the solution and is based on the expected IoT functionality and relevant business needs.
Hardware selection, design and development
to help choose smart, connected devices or create custom devices using market-available components, set up and configure the IoT devices.
UX/UI design for a user app
to create an easy-to-navigate interface to control smart, connected devices.
Development of user and control apps for smart, connected products
to create the server side and the user side of user and control applications using an iterative approach. We launch the first version of the app with key functionality within 3 months and release new features every 2-4 weeks.
IoT data analytics
to process device-generated data and draw actionable insights (e.g., identify and eliminate ineffective business flows, smartly allocate resources).
Testing of the user apps for smart, connected products and the IoT platform
to assess their security, vulnerability, performance and conduct penetration testing.
to design and implement APIs for smart devices integration with a software product (for product companies) or third-party business systems, e.g., ERP, MES (for organizations).
to release an IoT solution or its version into the existing IT environment and configure the smart connected products.
to monitor an IoT solution and smart, connected products, manage their performance, diagnose and fix defects, conduct predictive maintenance of the devices and perform app administration.
- Control apps for enhanced production monitoring and control (including in real-time).
- Improved production processes and product performance.
Complex consumer products
- A central monitoring system to connect smart things (e.g., smart cars, smart thermostats, smart watering systems).
- Control apps with advanced data analytics capabilities to analyze product use by customers.
- Monitoring and control over smart, connected products with user apps.
Simple consumer products
IoT platforms and user apps for:
- Healthcare devices (e.g., glucose meters, ECG monitors).
- Household appliances (e.g., smart microwaves, security systems).
- Fitness items (e.g., fitness bracelets, scales).
Predictive and preventive maintenance
Control via mobile and web apps
Product usage analytics
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
With what IT systems should smart, connected products integrate?
For effective functioning, we suggest integration with enterprise systems (analytics system, ERP software, etc.).
Can the maintenance of smart, connected products be outsourced to independent service providers?
Sure! We will help you plan the maintenance process and mitigate the risks of delegating smart product maintenance to one or several independent service providers. If several vendors are going to deal with different smart, connected products, we will help coordinate their activities to ensure smooth and effective product maintenance.
Can multiple smart, connected products be connected to one IoT platform?
Yes, it’s beneficial due to the high reuse of software. We are ready to adjust the components of an IoT platform (data warehouses, analytics and machine learning, control and user applications) to ensure effective cohabitation of your smart, connected products.
How to effectively handle data generated by smart, connected products?
We help you design or update your IoT solution to effectively ingest, store, process, and analyze data generated by sensors in smart, connected products. Thus, you can ensure quick and valuable insights from constantly growing data volumes.
Why Choose ScienceSoft
- Software product development expertise since 1989.
- Experience in delivering IoT solutions since 2005.
- Data science and data analytics expertise since 1989.
- Cybersecurity services experience since 2003.
- Developing complex cloud applications since 2011.
- Mature quality management system confirmed by ISO 9001 certification allowing to implement projects fully meeting customers' quality, time, and budget expectations.
What Budget to Allot for Smart, Connected Products?
ScienceSoft’s IoT experts can estimate the costs of your smart, connected product initiative considering:
- The scope and complexity of IoT platform, user apps and functionality embedded in the device.
- The number of smart, connected products operated by the IoT platform.
- Cloud consumption.