Big Data Engineer
ScienceSoft is looking for a Big Data Engineer.
Visit our software development service page to learn about the approach and competencies of our team and get an idea of potential projects.
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities;
- Implementing ETL process;
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes;
- Defining data retention policies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical English;
- 2+ years' experience in Python/Scala/Java;
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles;
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources;
- Understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks;
- Experience with building stream-processing systems;
- Experience with RDBMS;
- Experience with NoSQL databases (HBase\Cassandra\MongoDB);
- Knowledge of the Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS (Cloudera\MapR\Hortonworks distribution);
- Knowledge of Big Data querying tools (Pig\Hive\Impala);
- Knowledge of Storm\Spark-Streaming;
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks;
- Experience with various messaging systems (Kafka\RabbitMQ);
- Experience with Spark;
- Experience with Linux\Docker\Git\Jenkins.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure;
- Machine learning experience.
- Opportunity for professional self-realization;
- Friendly and united team;
- Days of paid vacation;
- 100%-paid sick leave;
- Language courses and other corporate programs;
- Medical insurance;
- Competitive (official) salary.