IT Infrastructure Outsourcing
Ensure the Stability and Scalability of Your IT Infrastructure
Since 2007 in help desk services and since 2008 in ITSM, ScienceSoft provides IT infrastructure monitoring, troubleshooting, and evolution services to businesses in 30+ industries.
IT infrastructure outsourcing is an effective way to support your IT infrastructure by letting a competent third-party vendor maintain your IT environment. By outsourcing your IT infrastructure, you can get quick access to expert skills, easily scale the ITSM team on demand, and achieve up to 150% cost savings compared to the cost of in-house infrastructure support.
As a mature MSP with 15 years of experience, ScienceSoft offers comprehensive services that go beyond simply supporting your current infrastructure. We don’t just follow the existing SOPs — our proactive infrastructure engineers are here to help you improve, secure, and evolve your IT environment so that it can support even the most ambitious digital initiatives.
IT Infrastructure Components ScienceSoft Covers
Outsourced IT Infrastructure Services ScienceSoft Delivers
ScienceSoft covers the full spectrum of IT infrastructure management services from the initial planning and design to the implementation and ongoing maintenance.
IT infrastructure planning and design
- Analyzing the existing IT infrastructure components and management processes, defining the weak spots, and providing improvement recommendations.
- Designing a new IT infrastructure or its components.
- Developing new processes and policies for infrastructure management.
- Contingency planning.
IT infrastructure administration
- Administration of the entire IT infrastructure:
- User administration, workstation management, assisting employee onboarding/offboarding.
- Regular software updates.
- Network management.
- Data center management.
- Cloud service management.
- Infrastructure automation (e.g., CI/CD pipelines, IaC).
- Contingency plan execution.
IT infrastructure monitoring
- Continuously capturing the health and resource utilization of IT infrastructure components.
- Ensuring real-time visibility across the IT infrastructure and prompt issue detection.
IT help desk
- L1 & L2 support: resolving user and technical incidents for all infrastructure components.
- Root cause analysis and issue recurrence prevention.
- Migrating any workload (applications, websites, databases, storage, servers) from an on-premises to the cloud environment or a different cloud platform.
- Cloud usage optimization.
- Introducing workflow automation to manage cloud instances without human intervention.
- Managing cloud workloads and ensuring stable cloud infrastructure performance.
Infrastructure security and compliance
- Advising on security policies.
- Regular infrastructure compliance reviews (HIPAA, PCI DSS, GDPR, etc.) and reporting.
- Managed vulnerability scanning of networks, servers, databases, and applications.
- Regular penetration testing (e.g., yearly, quarterly).
- Continuous (365 days a year) security monitoring and analysis of events.
- Incident response.
- Transforming complex security regulations into comprehensible guidelines for employee training.
ScienceSoft’s deliverables are tailored to suit the chosen service scope, cooperation model, and covered infrastructure components. We provide comprehensive and transparent reporting, including:
Why Outsource IT Infrastructure Management to ScienceSoft
- 34 years in IT services.
- 15 years of experience in ITSM.
- Partnerships with AWS, Microsoft, ServiceNow, Salesforce, and other tech leaders.
- 10 years in DevOps practices.
- 750+ IT experts, including Microsoft Certified Professionals, AWS Certified Solutions Architects, AWS Certified SysOps Administrators, AWS Technical Professionals, and Red Hat Certified System Administrators.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications proving our dedication to high service quality and the security of our clients' data.
- A top outsourcing service provider and advisor, according to IAOP's Global Outsourcing 100 list (2022, 2023).
ScienceSoft has been providing an excellent level of service maintaining the application’s AWS infrastructure, as well as deploying and configuring new Linux-based virtual machines and AWS cloud services.
For the past 6 years, ScienceSoft has been a reliable partner in supporting and maintaining our HR software product. Communication with ScienceSoft was always fast and solution orientated. Their developers are highly motivated and skilled.
Business Development Director
Give Back Wireless
After thorough due diligence and planning, we engaged ScienceSoft as our development partner. ScienceSoft coordinated knowledge transfer, discovery of our internal systems, then transitioned into supporting those systems and taking on projects to evolve their functionality. We recommend ScienceSoft as a trustworthy partner with skilled technical specialists on board.
Upstream Works Software
We first contacted ScienceSoft because we needed senior-level expertise in .NET and DevOps, and we needed it quickly. ScienceSoft's DevOps engineers helped us optimize our infrastructure and set up a continuous software delivery process. The team is very professional, well-organized, and is always on top of the finer details. We're impressed by their passion for solving problems and implementing improvements.
IT Infrastructure Support for a Private Diversified Business
The customer needed long-term professional IT infrastructure maintenance to increase the quality of its online services. ScienceSoft’s L1 & L2 agents continuously support 28 IT infrastructure components to help the customer avoid network failures, disruptions to critical resources, and security breaches.
Data Center Infrastructure Deployment and Support
With ScienceSoft's assistance, the customer successfully deployed Vblock Systems — an integrated infrastructure platform — that included 80 physical servers and 200 virtual machines. Our team also helped the customer move the legacy data center to a new location in a different city.
Remote IT Support for a US Telecommunications Services Provider
The customer struggled with IT infrastructure management due to the lack of in-house ICT expertise. ScienceSoft took over the support of the web services responsible for data processing and provisioning and helped maintain a user self-service web app. As a result, the telecom company is able to provide a better customer experience and sustain a satisfactory sales level.
Accounting Software Migration to Cloud
An accounting and payroll software developer with 35,000+ clients needed to move its accounting system from desktops to a cloud-based web application on Azure. ScienceSoft’s specialists built a new architecture that fully supports the previous functionality and provides additional features such as e-payments, automated tax calculation, and convenient online billing options.
Cloud Infrastructure Maintenance for a European SaaS Provider
ScienceSoft’s DevOps team enhanced the infrastructure of a cloud park consisting of 300 servers by consolidating the servers with VMware. Our team also modernized and optimized the customer’s internal database systems, antivirus protection, CMS, file-server systems, local network, and more.
Ecommerce Ecosystem Migration to Amazon Cloud
ScienceSoft assisted a cashback service provider operating in over 100 countries with infrastructure migration from dedicated servers to Amazon Web Services. The new cloud-based solution is highly scalable and can handle heavy traffic loads.
Flexible Service Plans to Meet Your Unique Requirements
- Incident monitoring, resolution, and prevention.
- Resolving user and technical issues, analyzing their root causes.
- Security and compliance management.
- Cloud services management and optimization.
The standard plan, plus:
- Detecting and analyzing weak spots in the existing infrastructure.
- Designing a new infrastructure or its components.
- Reviewing and adjusting infrastructure policies and ITSM processes.
The extended plan, plus:
- Assistance with migrating to the cloud.
- Setting up automated CI/CD pipelines.
Our Flexible Pricing Models
Monthly subscription fee
Best for: On-premises and cloud infrastructure management.
The subscription fee can be fixed (when the service scope is predictable) or determined on a pay-per-use basis.
Best for: L1, L2 support.
We establish the ticket cost at the start of our partnership. The number of tickets resolved will determine your monthly charges.
Time and Material (with a cap)
Best for: Consulting (e.g., cloud migration strategy and roadmap), test automation process setup, infrastructure transformations.
The monthly invoice you receive will be based on the amount of expended time and effort for that specific month.
Mixed model (e.g., subscription fee + T&M)
Best for: long-term cooperation involving multiple services.
You have the flexibility to combine pricing models that are tailored to your unique needs.
Navigating the Pitfalls of IT Infrastructure Outsourcing
Is the risk of security breaches higher when outsourcing IT Infrastructure to a third party?
Outsourcing infrastructure to a third party can increase the risk of security breaches if the vendor lacks adequate security measures and policies. A good indicator of solid security practices is an ISO 27001 or SOC 2 certification. At ScienceSoft, we hold an ISO 27001 certification and maintain a mature security management system, ensuring that cooperation with us doesn’t pose any risks to our clients’ data privacy.
Is it possible to outsource IT infrastructure management and still have full control over all the ITSM processes?
ScienceSoft's IT infrastructure teams are fully self-managed, but if you want your IT manager to lead the outsourced team, we are ready to cooperate on your terms. If you would prefer to be fully informed but not involved in the day-to-day routine, ScienceSoft preserves the transparency of the process by sharing regular detailed reports.
Does IT infrastructure outsourcing entail any hidden costs or fees that are not explicitly disclosed upfront?
This may be the case if you run into an MSP that doesn’t provide a clear and comprehensive service level agreement (SLA). A detailed SLA ensures transparency and cost predictability, as it clearly outlines the scope, conditions, and frequency of services provided by your MSP.
What if I decide to switch to another vendor or hire an in-house team?
ScienceSoft guarantees no vendor lock-in. If a client decides to end our cooperation, they will receive all the deliverables (description of infrastructure components, SOPs, roadmaps for to-be initiatives) to ensure a smooth responsibility transfer.
KPIs to Measure IT Infrastructure Outsourcing Efficiency
At ScienceSoft, we believe that quality can be managed only when measured. Here are the core KPIs we usually rely on:
Infrastructure performance and optimization
- Reliability (based on SLO: service availability, number of incidents and recurring incidents, incident response time).
- User satisfaction score.
- Costs (target budget for cloud services vs. budget spent).
- Change requests implemented.
- Change requests waiting in the backlog.
- Target budget for transformation implementation vs. budget spent.
- Application adoption metrics.
- First response time.
- Customer satisfaction score.
- Resolution rate.
- Security incidents (detected, resolved, incident response time).
- Protection level (vulnerabilities found, vulnerability fixes delayed).
What to Expect from ScienceSoft as Your MSP
infrastructure cost reduction compared to the cost of in-house infrastructure support
reduction in cloud costs due to cloud consumption optimization
user satisfaction score
first response time for 90% of calls
first response time for help desk email tickets