Cloud Migration Consulting Services
From a Pragmatic Strategy to Migration Execution
In cloud services since 2012, ScienceSoft delivers cloud migration consulting to help companies move applications and data warehouses to efficient cloud environments risk-free and cost-effectively.
Cloud migration consulting encompasses business case creation, migration planning and design and can be followed by migration execution. It is aimed at boosting an app’s or a DWH’s performance, cutting OPEX, and unleashing the possibilities for evolution.
What Makes ScienceSoft a Reliable Cloud Migration Consulting Partner
- 34 years in IT.
- We know the leading cloud platforms:
We have 11-year experience with Azure infrastructures and provide Azure consulting services.
We have 10-year experience with AWS infrastructures and deliver AWS consulting.
- Established DevOps practices since 2013.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certificates that assure the quality of provided services and the security of the customers' data.
- Included in the 2022 IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 list as one of the world’s best outsourcing service providers and advisors.
- For the second straight year, ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies by the Financial Times.
Scope of Our Cloud Migration Consulting Services
ScienceSoft can support your migration project end-to-end or provide certain service elements, depending on your needs. Our consulting offer includes:
Consultation to project stakeholders
- Sharing industry best practices, market survey findings.
- Eliciting business benefits and challenges of moving to the cloud.
- Defining the skills and training required to enable successful migration.
- Analyzing the service offers of different cloud providers.
Creating a business case
- Calculating expected TCO.
- Calculating expected ROI.
- Assessing feasibility of the cloud migration project.
- Estimating the required cloud storage and compute resources (including at peak times).
- Auditing existing application(s) or a data warehouse.
- Designing a migration strategy and a plan tailored to your business needs.
- Prioritizing workloads to migrate and outlining a migration schedule.
- Creating a risk management plan including, e.g., planning a backup strategy to prevent data loss.
Project management planning
- Developing a roles and responsibilities matrix.
- Preparing a communication plan with reporting and escalation procedures.
- Defining KPIs for cloud migration (workloads’ response time, availability, error rate, etc.).
- Selecting a migration approach (rehost, replatform, refactor, retain, repurchase or retire) or a combination of several approaches.
- Designing application(s) architecture adapted to the cloud (in case of refactoring).
- Designing a cloud data warehouse, if required.
- Designing CI/CD pipelines for fast development.
- Selecting tools for automated cloud migration (e.g., AWS Application Migration Service, Azure Data Migration Assistant, BigQuery Data Transfer Service).
Migration, support and optimization
- Migrating application(s) or DWH, workloads and data to the cloud environment.
- Configuring cloud infrastructure.
- Integrating cloud and on-premises environments to form a hybrid cloud infrastructure, if required.
- Implementing CI/CD.
- Testing, including automated testing.
- Supporting and optimizing the migrated applications and/or DWH.
Benefits of Cloud Migration Consulting by ScienceSoft
Migration cost efficiency
We map out individual pragmatic strategy for each application or a data warehouse to reduce the re-development costs that may be required before migration.
Cloud cost optimization
We leverage auto scaling features for storage and compute resources.
We define optimal cloud services for your solution.
Mature processes and infrastructures
We design and implement cloud-native infrastructures and architectures that encompass microservices and containerization, IaC and serverless approach, CI/CD pipelines so that you could reach the next level of IT maturity.
We plan and carry out migration without hindering your business processes.
We plan the required cloud resources and leverage auto scaling to cope with peak-time workloads painlessly.
We design applications’ architecture which is able to survive a failure.
Cloud Consulting and Migration for Accounting Software
- Audit of desktop software with 35,000+ clients.
- Design of modular web-based stateless multi-tier architecture.
- Cloud migration to Azure resulting in 100% uptime of the app.
Ecommerce Ecosystem Migration to Amazon Cloud
- Migration of 6 database servers which totaled 100GB in 1.5 months.
- Design of scalable system able to withstand high loads.
- Data replication with no downtime.
Migration of a Training Portal to the Cloud
- Smooth functional modules migration to Azure.
- Enhanced performance of the app.
What’s Your Cloud Migration Consulting Service Option?
Application migration consulting
- Creating a business case.
- Choosing a cloud provider.
- Planning application(s) migration.
- Defining a strategy and approach for the app’s migration.
- Migrating, supporting and optimizing the app and infrastructure.
Data warehouse migration consulting
- Analyzing the existing DWH.
- Creating a business case.
- Choosing a cloud provider.
- Defining migration strategy and approach.
- Designing a cloud DWH.
- Performing migration.
87% of Enterprises Will Accelerate Their Cloud Migration in a Post-COVID World*
And here are just some reasons why you should be among them:
IT infrastructure costs
IT infrastructure team’s productivity
*Source: LogicMonitor’s Cloud Study