IT Project Management Consulting Services
IT project management consulting implies engaging third-party experts to plan and oversee IT projects to complete them faster and in line with business requirements. ScienceSoft offers project management consulting services to help you deliver IT initiatives of the highest quality.
Watch Out For the Red Flags of a Troubled Project!
Wary of starting your IT initiative in fear of the problems below or experience them right now?
- The project is consistently behind the schedule.
- The project is over budget.
- Low quality of the output (software with defects).
- Project scope creep.
- High technical debt.
- Low project progress transparency.
- Poor communication in the project team.
We factor in your project status (whether the project is at the planning stage or under way) and the challenges you face to focus our consulting involvement on your pain points and guarantee that your return from our services is tangible. Our service scope includes:
- Analyzing project goals, required timeframes and targeted budget, workflows and communication.
- Conducting a feasibility study.
- Estimating resource demands and availability.
- Interviewing project participants.
- Assessing project risks and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Roadmapping the project with the breakdown into work phases, tasks, and deliverables.
- Planning high-level solution architecture and functional scope.
- Scheduling the sequence of project implementation.
- Estimating project time and cost.
- Choosing a project management methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
Project resource management
- Building a project staffing plan.
- Allocating resources to project tasks according to an employee’s skillset, planning multi-project resource allocation if needed.
- Staffing micro-teams to achieve project milestones.
- Elaborating on an optimal communication process scheme.
- Defining quantifiable KPIs for the entire project and for milestones to have project progress under control.
- Investigating project deviations from the timeline or budget and applying a contingency plan to adapt a project implementation plan to the changed context.
Supporting PM documentation
- Estimated project scope, risks and budgets.
- Description of a chosen PM methodology and project implementation approach.
- A project management plan.
- Detailed project timeline estimates and breakdown into work phases, deliverables, and activities.
- Optimal project schedule.
- Scheme and/or schedule for optimal resource allocation throughout the project.
- Project KPI system and KPI templates.
- Recommended project management software (we can customize, set it up on demand and provide initial user training).
- Requirements traceability matrix.
Established processes for
- Requirements formalization.
- Quality assurance (QA).
- Project communication, including project performance reporting.
- Continuous project performance assessment and improvement.
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (our DevOps experts can design and implement the CI/CD pipeline).
- Release and deployment management.
- Proactive risk management.
- Vendor management, in case of multi-sourcing (incl. creation of performance standards for contractors).
33 years in IT.
QA and DevOps consultants, compliances and regulations experts with 5-20 years of relevant experience.
Over 3,300 successfully completed IT projects.
19 years in QA consulting.
In-house project management office (PMO).
9 years in DevOps.
Project management experts experienced in complex high-priority projects.
What Makes Our Project Management Consulting Stand Out
We define target KPIs together with our clients and build our project management consulting services around these targets. These may be KPIs related to the business outcomes from PM approach improvement, software quality, or development speed and project costs.
End-to-end consulting support
If required, we carry out continuous consulting throughout the project, introducing gradual process improvements, monitoring and analyzing their success and offering process adjustments. We also provide end-to-end project implementation (or implementation management only, if needed) and can support you with lacking competencies.
Software development expertise
We also provide end-to-end project implementation (or implementation management only, if needed) and can support you with lacking competencies.
Project Management for a Telecom Billing Application Development Project
A national mobile network operator with more than 5 mln subscribers was undertaking a complex project – implementing a new billing system – that involved multiple stakeholders. ScienceSoft introduced a release planning system and managed to reduce the testing cycle time from 4-6 weeks to just 2 weeks.
Project Management Consulting for Data Warehouse Development
ScienceSoft raised the efficiency of communication that took 40% of the project’s time, stopped uncontrollable growth of the project’s scope, and speeded up development in a complex project with more than 30 stakeholders involved.
QA Consulting and Testing of Web Applications for Insurance Claim Estimation
ScienceSoft helped the company to take the maturity of their QA processes from TMMi Level 1 to Level 3. Leveraging an increased efficiency and greater flexibility of the testing process, the Customer managed to release fully functional application builds every 2 to 4 weeks.
Software Development and Project Management Consulting for IBM/Consul
ScienceSoft introduced a number of project management and development process improvements and reduced the development time for each software module from 5-6 to 3 months.
Project launch consulting
We advise how to organize the working process and further manage projects of various complexity to maximize the value.
Project recovery consulting
Our recovery team:
- Provides urgent help for projects that have started to go downhill.
- Helps adjust or set up and run new project processes.
Tangible Benefits from Sciencesoft’s Project Management Consulting
reduced schedule and budget deviations
Up to 20%
faster requirements gathering, software development and testing
project stakeholders’ satisfaction
team motivation and productivity
Easily Navigate Your IT Project!
ScienceSoft is ready to help you start and keep IT initiatives on track – with balanced process standardization and agility.