Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service to Automate Customer Support
Dynamics 365 Customer Service: the essence
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service is a module for customer service automation that streamlines case and knowledge management, enables personalized customer service with a 360-degree customer view, and provides visibility into customer service department performance with dashboards and reports.
Gartner named Microsoft a Leader in 2020 Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center.
Among renowned Dynamics 365 Customer Service users are The Coca-Cola Company, HP, Pandora Jewelry LLC, Adobe Inc., and Visa Inc.
Automatic case creation
New cases for agents are created according to incoming requests submitted via email, web, phone calls, etc.
Automatic case routing
Cases are assigned to agents or queues according to predefined rules.
Key case information
Providing agents with key information about a case, including a case subject and ID, request description, origin, full history of interactions with a customer.
Merging similar cases
Allowing agents to combine multiple similar cases into one case according to predefined rules to keep track of them easier.
Reassigning a case
Providing a possibility to manually assign a case to another agent when different or deeper competencies are needed.
Knowledge base for agents and customers
Enabling agents to create and manage knowledge articles for agents (accessed from the Unified Service Desk) and customers (via customer portal).
Knowledge base search
Allowing agents to access helpful information for quicker case resolution using Full-text search and Relevance search.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and entitlements
Defining how fast cases need to be resolved and whether they should be escalated.
Describing customers’ rights for different types of customer service (e.g., phone support only, phone + email or support across all communication channels). Each entitlement needs its own SLA.
Customer interaction management
Helping agents simultaneously manage multiple conversations with customers through different channels such as chat, phone, SMS, social channels, etc.
Pre-written templates for emails, entitlements, and knowledge base articles.
Self-service for customers
Facilitating the resolution of typical cases without involving human agents.
(Available starting from the Enterprise plan or separately)
Allowing customers to create or update tickets, view the knowledge base to solve issues independently, and more.
Analytics and reporting
Reports and dashboards
Displaying KPI information (e.g., total cases number, active, resolved, escalated cases) in configurable dashboards and providing customer service managers with various reports (e.g., the number of incoming cases broken down by a communication channel, agent or priority).
Tracking, collecting, and analyzing real-time customers’ feedback.
Customer sentiment analysis
Automated measurement of the customer satisfaction level in real time based on the analysis of the last six messages from a customer.
(Available starting from the Enterprise plan)
Providing agents with intelligent recommendations concerning their next steps during the communication with customers.
Unified Service Desk
(Available starting from the Enterprise plan)
Enables using multiple Dynamics 365 apps within one interface, which saves service agents’ time on tool-switching.
(Available starting from the Enterprise plan)
Gamifying agents’ performance to create healthy competition and additionally motivate them for better performance.
Offer Improved Convenience to Your Customer Service Agents
Dynamics 365 Customer Service Demo
Learn how Dynamics 365 Customer Service capabilities help your customer service team handle multiple concurrent service cases quickly and effectively.
You can enhance Dynamics 365 Customer Service capabilities by integrating it with relevant business applications:
Dynamics 365 Customer Service + ERP
To enable agents access in Dynamics 365 Customer Service the latest information on the company’s products and services (products in stock, service pricing, discount terms, etc.) and the current status of customer orders and invoice details from ERP to answer customers’ questions.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service + sales and marketing tools
(e.g., Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Marketing)
To enable agents to view customer purchasing details in Dynamics 365 Customer Service; to help marketers create more personalized email campaigns with discounts addressed to the customers unsatisfied with the company’s products or services.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service + Field service management software
To streamline collaboration between field workers and customer service agents, when a customer case requires an on-site visit of a dedicated specialist; to manage work orders and resources, schedule field service visits from Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service + Computer-telephony integration (CTI) system
To let customer service agents initiate and accept customer calls directly from Dynamics 365 Customer Service for boosted customer service speed.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service + Document management software
To enable agents to quickly and easily create, search and edit documents (e.g., product usage instructions, presentations) in Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service Customization Capabilities
Dynamics 365 Customer Service provides wide customization capabilities, including:
Case management workflows customization to automate customer service processes and rules of any complexity.
Automation of routine operations and business rules.
Data structure customization to add or rename attributes of objects like Customer, Contact Person, Case, etc., which enables tracking and using information specific for your business in automated workflows.
Forms customization to create custom forms for surveys, quizzes and polls to collect customer feedback, measure employee satisfaction, etc.
B2B customer service
- Comprehensive account information (customer company name, contacts names, roles, hierarchy of contacts, etc.)
- Wide integration capabilities of Dynamics 365 Customer Service (e.g., ERP, sales and marketing tools, document management systems).
- Covering field service via integration with dedicated Dynamics 365 Field Service.
- Knowledge base for agents with expert knowledge articles and descriptions of specific cases.
B2C customer service
- Case management automation to handle a large number of customer issues.
- Knowledge base with FAQs for customers in a self-service portal.
- Omnichannel communication to manage multiple conversations with customers (via chat, phone, SMS, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc.).
- Email templates.
- Customer satisfaction surveys.
Ecommerce customer service
- 360-degree view of a shopper (e.g., date of birth, product preferences).
- Case routing to react to customers’ issues quickly.
- Key case information for agents with such details as request description, full history of interactions with a customer, etc.
- Chatbots to reduce service ticket volume.
- Variety of channels for communications with the customers.
- Customer portal.
Healthcare patient service
- 360-degree view of each patient for personalized interactions.
- Automated sending of post-visit surveys to patients to track their satisfaction.
- Chatbots to provide basic health support (e.g., for flu, allergies) and give healthcare-related information (e.g., vaccination schedules).
Insurance claim management
- Self-service claim registration via a portal.
- Key claim case information (e.g., loss details, involved parties and properties, injury information).
- Rule-based claim assignment to customer service agents based on their skills, location and capacity.
- Self-service portal for citizens.
- End-to-end case management automation to quickly resolve citizens’ issues.
- Pre-scheduled satisfaction surveys for citizens (e.g., if they are satisfied with the number of available parking spaces).
- Omnichannel communication with customers.
- Handling inbound and outbound calls via Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- Automated call routing to agents based on their skills and specialization.
- Customer Voice to track, collect, and analyze real-time customer feedback.
- Tracking and analysis of call and interaction metrics.
- Monitoring ongoing conversations between agents and customers for customer service managers to provide real-time training to agents.
Case and incident management
For employees (IT help desk, HR help desk, facility help desk)
- Self-service employee portal.
- Automated workflows to approve employee requests (vacation, request for a conference room, request to access s software tool, etc.).
- Rule-based assignment of support tickets according to agent specialization.
- Automated template-based responses for common issues to solve tickets faster.
- Pre-built feedback forms to track employee satisfaction rates.
The payback can be expected after ≈ 7 months of using Dynamics 365 Customer Service. You can anticipate ROI starting from ≈ 259%.
Key financial outcomes for a Dynamics 365 Customer Service solution:
Boosted agents’ productivity due to case management automation.
Increased customer loyalty due to faster case resolution.
Increased number of successfully resolved customer cases due to comprehensive knowledge management and AI suggestions to customer service agents.