Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service
to Automate Customer Support
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service can help organizations optimize service operations, increase the productivity of service agents, and boost customer loyalty.
This all-round overview of Dynamics 365 Customer Service is prepared by ScienceSoft, a certified Microsoft partner. With 15 years of experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Services, ScienceSoft’s skilled consultants, architects, and developers help companies improve the productivity of service agents, increase customer satisfaction, and reduce customer service costs.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service: the Essence
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service is a module for customer service automation that streamlines case and knowledge management, enables personalized service with a 360-degree customer view, and provides visibility into service agents' performance with dashboards and reports.
Gartner named Microsoft a Leader in 2021 Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center.
Among renowned Dynamics 365 Customer Service users are The Coca-Cola Company, HP, Pandora Jewelry LLC, Adobe Inc., and Visa Inc.
- Automated case creation based on incoming requests submitted via email, web, phone calls, etc.
- Case information tracking/storing (e.g., a case subject and ID, request description, history of interactions with a customer).
- Manual case reassigning when different or deeper competencies are needed.
- Intelligent case routing based on issue types and agents’ skills.
- Customer analytics (e.g., customer journey, behavior, sentiment) to deliver personalized responses and create tailored offers and recommendations.
- Tracking and analyzing customer behavior and data to identify engagement opportunities, increase CSAT, and reduce cart abandonment (predictive targeting).
Customer interaction management
- 360-degree view of customers.
- Omnichannel communication with customers (email, text message, social network, virtual assistant, etc.).
- Pre-written templates for emails, entitlements, and knowledge base articles.
- Voice-based customer verification.
- Real-time translation of communications with customers for agents.
- Agent desktop with profile histories and engagement transcripts.
- Built-in integration with Microsoft Teams for effective collaboration and faster resolution.
- Knowledge base for agents.
- Real-time insights and proactive recommendations for agents during communication with customers.
- Community portals to share tips and get insights from other agents.
- Chatbots for customers to facilitate the resolution of typical cases without involving human agents.
- Knowledge base for customers with the search by full text and relevance.
- Customer portals to create or update tickets, view the knowledge base, leave feedback, and participate in surveys.
Support terms management
- Entitlements to describe the terms of different types of customer service. Each entitlement needs its own SLA.
- Service level agreements (SLAs) to define how fast cases need to be resolved and whether they should be escalated.
Note: If you need a comprehensive service solution, ScienceSoft recommends complementing your Dynamics 365 Customer Service with other service and support applications, such as Field Service, Remote Assist, Customer Insights, and Customer Voice.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service Customization Capabilities
Dynamics 365 Customer Service provides wide customization capabilities, including:
Case management workflows customization to automate customer service processes and rules of any complexity.
Data structure customization to add or rename attributes of objects like Customer, Contact Person, Case, etc., which enables tracking and using information specific for your business in automated workflows.
Automation of routine operations and business rules.
Forms customization to create custom forms for surveys, quizzes and polls to collect customer feedback, measure employee satisfaction, etc.
Commercial Applications Sr. Analyst
SAL Saudi Logistics Services
< ScienceSoft's> team implemented a robust Dynamics 365 customer portal integrated with the Sales module. They also conducted training on all scenarios of using the portal for our sales team, which encouraged high user adoption of the solution. We are fully satisfied with the solution and the assistance of ScienceSoft's team.
AITC has worked with ScienceSoft on both SaaS development and consulting. ScienceSoft’s management has quick understanding of requirements while developers possess deep technical skills. The company was committed to time, price, and quality of delivery of our CRM product. We would be pleased to recommend ScienceSoft to others.
Offer Improved Convenience to Your Customer Service Agents
Valuable Integrations for Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service + ERP: to enable agents access in Dynamics 365 Customer Service the latest information on the company’s products and services (products in stock, service pricing, discount terms, etc.) and the current status of customer orders and invoice details from ERP to answer customers’ questions.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service + sales and marketing tools (e.g., Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Marketing): to enable agents to view customer purchasing details in Dynamics 365 Customer Service; to help marketers create more personalized email campaigns with discounts addressed to the customers unsatisfied with the company’s products or services.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service + Field service management software: to streamline collaboration between field workers and customer service agents, when a customer case requires an on-site visit of a dedicated specialist; to manage work orders and resources, schedule field service visits from Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service + Computer-telephony integration (CTI) system: to let customer service agents initiate and accept customer calls directly from Dynamics 365 Customer Service for boosted customer service speed.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service + Document management software: to enable agents to quickly and easily create, search and edit documents (e.g., product usage instructions, presentations) in Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
B2B customer service
- Comprehensive account information (customer company name, contacts names, roles, hierarchy of contacts, etc.)
- Wide integration capabilities of Dynamics 365 Customer Service (e.g., ERP, sales and marketing tools, document management systems).
- Covering field service via integration with dedicated Dynamics 365 Field Service.
- Knowledge base for agents with expert knowledge articles and descriptions of specific cases.
B2C customer service
- Case management automation to handle a large number of customer issues.
- Knowledge base with FAQs for customers in a self-service portal.
- Omnichannel communication to manage multiple conversations with customers (via chat, phone, SMS, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc.).
- Email templates.
- Customer satisfaction surveys.
Ecommerce customer service
- 360-degree view of a shopper (e.g., date of birth, product preferences).
- Case routing to react to customers’ issues quickly.
- Key case information for agents with such details as request description, full history of interactions with a customer, etc.
- Chatbots to reduce service ticket volume.
- Variety of channels for communications with the customers.
- Customer portal.
Healthcare patient service
- 360-degree view of each patient for personalized interactions.
- Automated sending of post-visit surveys to patients to track their satisfaction.
- Chatbots to provide basic health support (e.g., for flu, allergies) and give healthcare-related information (e.g., vaccination schedules).
Insurance claim management
- Self-service claim registration via a portal.
- Key claim case information (e.g., loss details, involved parties and properties, injury information).
- Rule-based claim assignment to customer service agents based on their skills, location and capacity.
- Self-service portal for citizens.
- End-to-end case management automation to quickly resolve citizens’ issues.
- Pre-scheduled satisfaction surveys for citizens (e.g., if they are satisfied with the number of available parking spaces).
- Omnichannel communication with customers.
- Handling inbound and outbound calls via Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- Automated call routing to agents based on their skills and specialization.
- Customer Voice to track, collect, and analyze real-time customer feedback.
- Tracking and analysis of call and interaction metrics.
- Monitoring ongoing conversations between agents and customers for customer service managers to provide real-time training to agents.
Case and incident management
- Reporting tool to provide an overview of incidents and root cause analysis results.
- Automated notifications for stakeholders when an incident is reported.
- A single repository for all incidents documentation.
- Configuring SLAs and timers (to define how fast incidents need to be resolved).
For employees (IT help desk, HR help desk, facility help desk)
- Self-service employee portal.
- Automated workflows to approve employee requests (vacation, request for a conference room, request to access s software tool, etc.).
- Rule-based assignment of support tickets according to agent specialization.
- Automated template-based responses for common issues to solve tickets faster.
- Pre-built feedback forms to track employee satisfaction rates.
Average payback time
Productivity of customer service personnel
Case resolution time
Customer service costs
Saudi Arabia's Sakani program speeds up customer service
Sakani, a program under the National Housing Company (NHC) of Saudi Arabia, is a real estate initiative designed to support and enable Saudi citizens to own their home. Microsoft Dynamics 365 helped NHC resolve inquiries in 1 day instead of 15 days and in some cases, in 3 hours.
HP aims to deliver highly personalized customer service and build customer loyalty
HP wants to provide both enterprise customers and home consumers with exceptional customer service. The company is looking at enhancing its support experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 to give service agents a 360-degree view of customers in real time, which will help them spend less time gathering information and more time resolving customer issues.
RAK Transport Authority lifts its customer service to new heights
Until recently, various departments of the Ras Al Khaimah Transport Authority (RAKTA) worked with manual processes and struggled to deliver modern customer service. Things changed, however, when the Authority adopted Microsoft Dynamics 365. A response to a customer service request now takes 1.4 minutes instead of 6 minutes.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service Pricing
Dynamics 365 Customer Service offers two pricing plans – Professional and Enterprise. The Enterprise pricing plan can extend the solution’s capabilities via an omnichannel add-in offering voice channel, digital messaging, and live chat.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service Professional
- Unlimited number of users
- Case management
- Knowledge management
- Limited customization capabilities
Best for: small businesses
Price: $50 per user/month
Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise
- All features of the Professional set
- Embedded intelligence
- Analytics and reporting
- Omnichannel add-in support
- Full customization capabilities
Best for: mid-size and large businesses
Price: $95 per user/month