eLearning Portals: Key features, Integrations and Pricing
With 6 years in eLearning software development, ScienceSoft offers consultancy on learning portals.
An eLearning portal is a website that offers learners interaction and collaboration on eLearning content like courses, presentations, podcasts and tests as well as content management for eLearning providers. To see the eLearning portal in action, you are welcome to check our interactive demo on SharePoint learning portal.
Learning content management
- Support of multilingual content.
- Support of multiple content types (e.g., text, audio, images, video, animation, VR).
- User-generated content.
- Structured storage of learning materials.
- Course creation tools.
- Learning content search by titles, metadata and full-text.
Learning content delivery
- Multi-device access for learners, trainers and managers.
- Learner self-registration via online admission forms.
- Learners’ profiles with contact data, information about courses, exams, certificates, and more.
- AI-driven personalized learning paths.
- Online assignments for learners.
- Learner performance assessment (e.g., tests, quizzes, exams).
- Managing electronic certificates on course completion.
Analytics and reporting
- AI-based content recommendations and tips for learners.
- Learning history and progress.
- Learners' feedback gathering.
- Dashboards on learning content usage, portal usage, time spent on courses, learners’ performance and satisfaction, and more for trainers and managers.
Communication and social learning
- Discussion boards.
- Learning communities.
- Interactions with eLearning content via likes, shares, comments.
- Role-based access to training materials and competence records (e.g., courses, assignments, exams, attendance, marks, certifications).
- Learning/learners’ records backups.
eLearning portal + HR software
To offer targeted corporate training based on analytics of employee HR data (roles, responsibilities, skills, work experience, etc.).
eLearning portal + LMS
To enrich the portal’s learning content delivery functionality with LMS-based learning administration features, for example, events scheduling, training activities tracking, and more.
eLearning portal + social media software
To encourage social and collaborative learning and enable learners to make notifications about their achievements (e.g., a completed course, an earned certificate) on social media.
Responsive mobile design
To access the portal from any device without any restrictions to the portal’s functionality, since mobile learning will become the microlearning mode of choice by 2025.
Rich communication features
To support social and collaborative learning.
Advanced AI capabilities
To provide personalized learning experiences based on learners’ skills, knowledge, preferences and interests.
The implementation costs of learning portals range from $15,000 to $100,000 depending on the chosen platform or tech stack, the number and complexity of integrations and customizations, and other aspects. An average annual ROI of these solutions is between 50% and 400%.
Key financial outcomes:
training time as compared to traditional classroom training
learning costs due to saving money on materials, equipment, dedicated staff and trainers
knowledge retention due to diversity and interactivity of eLearning content and higher learning impact
learner engagement due to eLearning personalization
Ready-made learning portals are a rare case as they have limited capabilities and can’t provide learner-centricity and address specific learning needs. Therefore, we recommend custom development, which allows building tailored learning portals. For example, in one of our projects, we created a learning portal specifically for the needs of construction specialists. The portal streamlined learning and training activities for vocational and higher educational establishments, private training providers, enterprise training managers and individual learners. And due to LMS integration, the portal offered rich eLearning administration capabilities, for example, training management and workload management of educational centers, trainers, assessors, moderators and administrators.
With 16 years in web portal development, ScienceSoft advantages mature IT processes to bring you tailored portals for personalized eLearning:
eLearning portal consulting
- Analyzing your eLearning needs.
- Defining an optimal portal feature set.
- Suggesting useful integrations for a learning portal.
- Choosing a technology stack and an implementation methodology.
- Drawing a project plan.
eLearning portal implementation
- Analyzing your eLearning needs.
- Portal architecture design.
- UX and UI design and branding.
- End-to-end web and mobile development.
- Integration with enterprise systems or third-party tools.
- Quality assurance.
- Continuous support and evolution.
ScienceSoft is a global IT consulting and software development company headquartered in McKinney, Texas. We provide customers with eLearning portal consultancy, custom development of feature-rich learning portals, and offer support and evolution services. Being ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified, we guarantee high-quality IT services and security of our customers’ data. If you opt for a custom eLearning portal, please check our web portal development offer.