eLearning Portals: Key features, Integrations and Pricing
With 15 years in web portal development, ScienceSoft offers consultancy on learning portals.
An eLearning portal is a website that offers learners interaction and collaboration on eLearning content like courses, presentations, podcasts and tests as well as content management for eLearning providers. To see the eLearning portal in action, you are welcome to check our interactive demo on SharePoint learning portal.
Learning content management
- Multilingual content.
- Support of multiple content types (e.g., text, audio, images, video, animation, VR).
- Content for microlearning in various formats.
- User-generated content.
- Structured storage.
- Course creation modules.
- Advanced search.
Learning content delivery
- Multi-device access for learners, trainers and managers.
- Learner self-registration via online admission forms.
- Learners’ profiles with contact data, information about courses, exams, certificates, and more.
- AI-driven personalized learning paths.
- Online assignments.
- Performance assessment (e.g., tests, quizzes, exams).
- Managing electronic certificates on course completion.
Analytics and reporting
- AI-based content recommendations and tips for learners.
- Learning history and progress.
- Feedback gathering.
- Dashboards on learning content usage, portal usage, time spent on courses, learners’ performance and satisfaction, and more for trainers and managers.
Communication and social learning
- Discussion boards.
- Learning communities.
- Interactions with eLearning content via likes, shares, comments.
- Secure storage.
- Role-based access to training materials and competence records (e.g., courses, assignments, exams, attendance, marks, certifications).
- Learning/learners’ records backups.
eLearning portal + HR software
To offer targeted corporate training based on analytics of employee HR data (roles, responsibilities, skills, work experience, etc.).
eLearning portal + LMS
To enrich the portal’s learning content delivery functionality with LMS-based learning administration features, for example, events scheduling, training activities tracking, and more.
eLearning portal + social media software
To encourage social and collaborative learning and enable learners to make notifications about their achievements (e.g., a completed course, an earned certificate) on social media.
Success factors for eLearning portals
Responsive mobile design
To access the portal from any device without any restrictions to the portal’s functionality.
Rich communication features
To support social and collaborative learning.
Advanced AI capabilities
To provide personalized learning experiences based on learners’ skills, knowledge, preferences and interests.
The implementation costs of learning portals range from $15,000 to $100,000 depending on the chosen platform or tech stack, the number and complexity of integrations and customizations, and other aspects. An average annual ROI of these solutions is between 50% and 400%.
Key financial outcomes:
training time as compared to traditional training methods
learning costs due to saving money on materials, equipment, dedicated staff and trainers
knowledge retention due to diversity of eLearning content and higher learning impact
learner engagement due to eLearning personalization
Why a custom eLearning portal is your best choice
Ready-made learning portals are a rare case as they have limited capabilities and can’t provide learner-centricity and address specific learning needs. Therefore, we recommend opting for custom development, which allows building tailored learning portals. For example, in one of our projects, we created a learning portal specifically for the needs of construction specialists. The portal streamlined learning and training activities for vocational and higher educational establishments, private training providers, enterprise internal training managers and individual learners. And due to LMS integration, the portal offered rich eLearning administration capabilities, for example, training management and workload management of educational centers, trainers, assessors, moderators and administrators.
With 15 years in web portal development, ScienceSoft advantages mature IT processes to bring you tailored portals for personalized eLearning:
eLearning portal consulting
- Analyzing your eLearning needs.
- Defining an optimal portal feature set.
- Suggesting useful integrations.
- Choosing a technology stack and implementation methodology.
- Drawing a project plan.
eLearning portal implementation
- Analyzing your eLearning needs.
- Portal architecture design.
- UX and UI design and branding.
- End-to-end web and mobile development.
- Integration with enterprise systems or third-party tools.
- Data analytics.
- Quality assurance.
- Continuous support and evolution.
ScienceSoft is a global IT consulting and software development company headquartered in McKinney, TX, US. We provide customers with eLearning portal consultancy, custom development of full-fledged learning portals and offer support and evolution services. If you opt for a custom eLearning portal, please check our web portal development offer.