Learning Experience Platforms: Overview
In custom software development for 31 years and eLearning software development since 2015, ScienceSoft advises on learning experience platforms (LXPs).
The essence of LXP
A learning experience platform aggregates eLearning content from various sources, including user-generated content and third-party edtech platforms and provides easy access to them for online learners. LXP offers personalized learning experience due to smart search and AI-driven learning content recommendations based on previous learning choices and skill development requirements. Thus, LXP leverages personalization and diversification of eLearning to improve learning KPIs.
Content aggregation and management
- User-generated, third-party, and corporate content aggregation.
- Multiple content types (e.g., text, images, video, audio, VR).
- Content reusing for assembling new lessons, courses, tests, etc.
- Content tagging.
- Support of technical standards like SCORM, AICC and xAPI.
- Content curation.
- Personalized learning paths.
- Virtual learning assistants that provide reminders, suggestions, notifications.
- Learning content recommendations based on job roles, interests, and more.
- Intelligent search due to dynamical learning from content and user queries.
- Learners’ profile pages.
- Learning communities.
- Discussion boards, chats and forums.
- Interactions with content via likes, shares, comments.
- Gamification (scores, badges, leaderboards, levels, rewards).
Analytics and reporting
- Learning history.
- Learners’ feedback gathering.
- Content usage, system usage, user activity, and performance assessment dashboards.
- User regulatory compliance reporting.
LXP + HR software
– to provide personalized training to employees based on analytics of HR data (e.g., employee roles, responsibilities, skills), which ensures high-impact training.
LXP + LMS
– to enable administration of personalized eLearning offered by LXP.
LXP + social media
– to encourage social learning and learner collaboration based on the shared learning experience.
LXP + chatbots
– to make data-driven training recommendations or remind learners about learning milestones (e.g., assignment submission deadlines, exams, certifications).
LXP + collaboration tools
– to hold webinars, online meetings, send messages and have group discussions.
Strong AI engine
to ensure high personalization of eLearning.
Highly intuitive interface
providing a modern look and feel to maximize user adoption.
to enable LXP users to easily learn on the go, both online and offline.
Compliance with technical standards
like SCORM, AICC and xAPI to allow LXP support eLearning content created with any authoring tools.
We recommend custom LXP when you need unique eLearning features (e.g., virtual labs in immersive learning), custom design, or integrations with custom third-party software. Custom LXP will grant you total control over the solution’s functionality, aggregated learning resources and help reduce TCO in the long run due to saving costs on per-user subscription fees, as compared to off-the-shelf LXP.
Experienced in developing custom software and eLearning solutions in particular, ScienceSoft leverages mature IT processes to bring you tailored LXP solutions for targeted eLearning:
Custom LXP consulting
- Analyzing eLearning needs.
- Defining an optimal LXP feature set.
- Suggesting useful integrations.
- Choosing a technology stack and implementation methodology.
- Drawing a project plan.
- Elaborating a UX and UI strategy.
Custom LXP implementation
- Drawing up LXP technical requirements.
- LXP architecture
- UX and UI design.
- End-to-end development.
- Integration with enterprise systems or third-party tools.
- Quality assurance.
- User adoption and training.
- Post-implementation support.
ScienceSoft is a global IT consulting and software development company headquartered in McKinney, TX, US. We provide educational institutions and businesses with LXP consultancy, custom development of robust LXP solutions, and offer their support and evolution. If you’re interested in LXP development, please check our custom software development offer.