SaaS HR System
Features, Benefits, Costs, and Examples
Having 34-year experience in SaaS application development and 11-year experience in implementing solutions for human resources, ScienceSoft offers all-inclusive consultancy on SaaS HR software.
SaaS HR Systems ScienceSoft Recommends
SharePoint HRMS (Microsoft)
Best for: HR document management, onboarding, workforce planning.
Used by: 200,000 organizations in the world.
ScienceSoft’s tip: Leverage SharePoint security capabilities to ensure high protection of employees’ private and sensitive information. For example, assign role-based permissions for employees, managers and an HR team and disable the file sharing option.
$12.50-$57 user/month (including Office apps).
Dynamics 365 Human Resources (Microsoft)
Best for: Employee self-service, performance management, competency management.
Used by: 1,100+ customers in 36 countries.
ScienceSoft’s tip: Integrate Dynamics 365 HR with other Microsoft tools to make the most of its capabilities. For example, integration with Power BI creates full visibility into an org’s HR-related data (e.g., salary by role and team, leave and absence information) via comprehensive reports and dashboards that help an HR team and managers identify trends as well as spot and address issues in a timely manner.
$120 user/month for new customers.
ServiceNow® HR Service Delivery Platform
Best for: Employee self-service in large enterprises.
Used by: 125+ Global 2000 companies.
ScienceSoft’s tip: To increase adoption of a ServiceNow HRSD solution among employees, make your system user-friendly, with the intuitive Employee Service Center, simple workflows (e.g., approvals), efficient use of metatags, and more.
Upon request to a vendor
SuccessFactors HCM (SAP)
Best for: Applicant tracking and recruiting, talent management, compensation management.
Used by: 6,700+ customers across 200+ countries.
ScienceSoft’s tip: Start implementing SuccessFactors HCM with Workforce Planning and Workforce Analytics modules as they may affect the implementation of other modules. For example, insights about hiring provided by these modules can help you with optimal implementation of the Recruiting Management module or with devising a robust employee retention strategy linked to compensation planning, career development and succession planning.
Starts at $84.53 user/year. A free trial is available.
Best for: Workforce management, payroll and benefits management, talent management and reporting.
Used by: 140,000 customers in 50+ countries.
ScienceSoft’s tip: Consider integrating Dayforce with third-party tools to enable mature succession planning and learning management functionality.
Upon request to a vendor
SaaS HR Software Costs and ROI
Key financial outcomes of using SaaS HR software include:
- Increased efficiency of HR teams via employee self-service and automation of routine tasks.
- Reduced administration and labor costs via digitizing recruiting, onboarding, training and other HR processes.
- Avoiding non-compliance penalties and legal costs due to strong security, tracking and reporting features.
Depending on the type of software, its functionality, the number of users and other factors, the average economic variables of SaaS HR software for midsize businesses and enterprises are as follows:
software and implementation costs
SaaS System for Human Resources: Key Features
HR administrative tasks
HR service management
Recommended Integrations for SaaS HR System
- HR system + DMS: to automate the lifecycle of employee-related documents. For example, in our project on HR management system for a European IT company, we leveraged HR-DMS integration to ensure secure storing, easy search, tracking and collaboration on information about employee vacations, leaves, business travels and tasks.
- HR system + help desk tool: to facilitate processing requests from your employees, for example, a vacation request, an equipment request, and more.
- HR system + LMS: to enable automated enrollment of a learner in relevant training in the LMS based on the changes in the HR-related data (e.g., promotion, new job responsibilities); automated updating of learning records in HR software based on the learning history (e.g., passed assessments, completed courses).
Success Factors for SaaS HR Software
A high level of automation to simplify employee life cycle management and save time on repetitive tasks. For example, SaaS HR tools can fully automate processes like onboarding, payroll and expense reporting.
24/7 accessible employee self-service to enable employees to view absence history, apply for a leave or request overtime payment without seeking assistance from the HR team.
Advanced reporting and analytics to make data-driven decisions based on employee skills, performance, and other factors.
Strong security features to ensure compliance with corporate and government regulations that require protection of employee data.
When It’s Better to Opt for Custom HR Software
Custom HR software can be your best choice if user-friendliness is your top priority, you have unique HR workflows or just need basic HR functionality that can become part of a solution of another type.
For example, ScienceSoft built a cloud HR-focused portal for a construction company. The portal provided such HR features as sections with information about payroll, recruitment and corporate policies, employee handbook, insurance forms and plans as well as searchable employee profiles containing data about skills, education, contacts, and more.
HR System Implementation with ScienceSoft
Experienced in HR software consulting, ScienceSoft knows well how to deliver effective custom HR solutions that bring value. Our service offering includes:
HR software consulting
- Analyzing your current HR processes.
- Defining functionality of your HR solution.
- Estimating the expected TCO and ROI of the solution.
- Choosing an optimal platform or a tech stack for the project.
- Drawing a project plan.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of your HR solution.
- Elaborating a user adoption strategy.
HR software implementation
- Business analysis.
- Building HR software architecture (for custom solutions).
- Designing UX and UI.
- Configuring HR software infrastructure (for custom solutions).
- Implementing customizations and integrations.
- Performing testing and quality assurance.
- Providing user adoption and training.
- Evolving your HR solution.
What Our Customers Say
Business Analyst & Project Manager
We wanted to build a central hub robust enough to handle complex Human Resources change management, streamline our recruitment, employee onboarding and offboarding. With a 20-year track record and great online reviews, we chose ScienceSoft for the job. Ultimately, they took this project to heights I never expected it to reach by incorporating the Manager edit functionality into the front-end of the employee profile system, streamlining all sides of employee life-cycle change management.
For the past 6 years, ScienceSoft has been a reliable partner in supporting and maintaining our HR software product. They keep modernizing HR on our demand, introducing new features and tweaking existing functionality to let us better cater to our growing client base. Moreover, ScienceSoft has successfully migrated our product from on-premises Microsoft Access to cloud-based Microsoft SQL Server, ensuring uninterrupted, smooth operation and high availability of HR in the new infrastructure.
ScienceSoft is a global IT consulting and IT service company headquartered in McKinney, TX, US. We offer consultancy on SaaS human resources software and custom HR solutions, provide full-cycle related services, including from-scratch development or platform customization, testing, support and evolution. If you opt for consulting services on SaaS HR software or a custom solution for human resource management, you are welcome to check our software consulting offer.