Employee Database Software
With 19 years in database development and 11 years in HR automation, ScienceSoft provides comprehensive consulting services on employee database software.
Employee Database Software: the Gist
Employee database software offers various capabilities, such as a directory of employee profiles, an organizational chart, a self-service portal, and more. Such HR software streamlines employee management and helps HR teams ensure structured and secure storage of employee data and handle data like personal information, qualifications, skills, leaves, etc.
Employee Database Software: Key Features
The features of employee database software ScienceSoft delivers differ from customer to customer. Here, we've outlined the key functionality requested by our customers.
Employee database administration
- Employee records.
- Advanced employee search and search results filtering.
- Notifications (e.g., job contract expiration).
- Ability to attach documents to the records (e.g., job offer letters, job applications, certificates).
- Custom reports (e.g., on turnover, performance).
- Employee hierarchy.
- Automated updating based on employee status changes (due to promotion, transfer, etc.).
- Tracking training needs.
- Displaying vacant positions.
- Tracking qualifications and skills required for a position.
- Viewing employee goals, leave balance, salary reviews, and more.
- Updating personal data like address and bank details.
- Submitting requests (e.g., a vacation request).
- Recording absences (e.g., sickness, annual leave, study or parental leave).
Security and compliance
- Employee data encryption.
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Retention and deletion policies.
- Permission levels for accessing and editing sensitive employee data.
- Compliance with internal and external (e.g., SOX, PCI DSS, GDPR) information security regulations.
Recommended Integrations for Employee Database Software
ScienceSoft recommends integrating employee database software with relevant corporate software to avoid errors in employee data and streamline employee onboarding, learning management, payroll management, and other processes.
- Applicant tracking system (ATS) - to avoid errors when entering employee data into an employee’s record as a candidate becomes a new hire.
- Learning management system (LMS) - to automatically assign onboarding training to new hires and update employee records based on training passed and certifications achieved.
- Workforce management software - to enable access to employee scheduling, performance management and labor tracking right from employee database software.
- Payroll software - to sync employee information critical to payroll management, such as overtime, leaves and absences.
Success Factors for Employee Database Software
With 11-year experience in delivering HR solutions, ScienceSoft has defined the key factors, which if covered, help get maximize ROI of employee database software.
Powerful search engine for quick employee search based on various filters (e.g., skills, competencies, organizational units).
Strong security features to protect sensitive employee data and comply with relevant corporate and government regulations.
Consistency of employee data across all records.
User-friendliness for HR teams and other employees to easily input, update, or complement data as well as quickly create and submit requests.
HR-Related Projects by ScienceSoft
SharePoint-Based HR Portal Development for a Construction Company
- Homepage with payroll and recruitment details, employee handbook, insurance forms and plans, corporate policies, etc.
- Staff directory with employee search by various parameters (e.g., Manager, Hire Date, Availability).
- Rich social features (e.g., birthday and work anniversary boards, discounts, classifieds), social media integration.
Development of a SaaS Platform for Labor Market Analytics
- Serverless backend of the platform based on AWS Lambda.
- Using GraphQL for the platform’s API, which enables efficient processing big loads of data.
- Personalized dashboards with data segmented and correlated by market, industry or specific jobs.
Development of an HR Management System Based on SharePoint
- The solution enables storing, tracking and exchanging employee-related data, including vacations, leaves, tasks, and assets.
- Automation of basic HR processes like approving leave requests, registering travel expenses, and more.
- A complex security model based on .NET Assembly Connector.
Recruitment Management Application Development
Key Financial Outcomes
- Increased productivity of HR teams due to powerful employee search and employee self-service.
- Reduced administrative costs due automation of employee information management.
- Reduced compliance costs due to granular permissions and other security measures that help protect sensitive employee data.
When You Should Choose Custom Employee Database Software
ScienceSoft recommends building a custom employee database solution if your organization has unique organizational models or sophisticated competency management. Also, a custom employee database solution is your best choice when if you want to ensure smooth integration with third-party systems and tools, for example, enterprise systems like ERP, a financial management system and a document management system.
Implementation of Employee Database Software with ScienceSoft
Having ample expertise in database development, ScienceSoft offers comprehensive services to help you obtain a robust employee database solution.
- Analyzing employee data management needs.
- Selecting optimal functionality for employee database software.
- Deciding upon relevant integrations.
- Choosing a suitable platform or a tech stack.
- Drawing a project plan.
- Elaborating on logical UX and user-friendly UI.
- Business analysis.
- End-to-end software development.
- Data migration.
- Quality assurance.
- Post-implementation support.
Hint: Using low-code platforms can substantially reduce development costs of employee database software. For example, software development costs are 74% lower with Microsoft Power Apps.
What Our Customers Say
Business Analyst & Project Manager
We wanted to build a central hub robust enough to handle complex Human Resources change management, streamline our recruitment, employee onboarding and offboarding. With a 20-year track record and great online reviews, we chose ScienceSoft for the job. Ultimately, they took this project to heights I never expected it to reach by incorporating the Manager edit functionality into the front-end of the employee profile system, streamlining all sides of employee life-cycle change management.
For the past 6 years, ScienceSoft has been a reliable partner in supporting and maintaining our HR software product. They keep modernizing HR on our demand, introducing new features and tweaking existing functionality to let us better cater to our growing client base. Moreover, ScienceSoft has successfully migrated our product from on-premises Microsoft Access to cloud-based Microsoft SQL Server, ensuring uninterrupted, smooth operation and high availability of HR in the new infrastructure.
ScienceSoft is a global IT consulting and IT services company headquartered in McKinney, TX, US. We advise our customers on the implementation of employee database software and offer full-cycle related services, including consulting, development, integration, QA, training and post-implementation support. If you are interested in employee database software consulting or implementation, feel free to check our database development offer.