Custom Employee Database Software: Overview
With 16 years in database development and 8 years in HR automation, ScienceSoft provides comprehensive consulting services on custom employee database software.
What is custom employee database software?
Custom employee database software offers such capabilities as, a directory of employee profiles, an organizational chart, a self-service portal, and more. Such HR software streamlines employee management and helps HR teams ensure structured and secure storage of employee data and handle data like personal information, qualifications, skills, leaves, etc.
Custom employee database software: Key features
Employee database administration
- Employee records.
- Advanced employee search and search results filtering.
- Notifications (e.g., job contract expiration).
- Ability to attach documents to the records (e.g., job offer letters, job applications, certificates).
- Custom reports (e.g., on turnover, performance).
- Employee hierarchy.
- Automated updating based on employee status changes (due to promotion, transfer, etc.).
- Tracking training needs.
- Displaying vacant positions.
- Tracking qualifications and skills required for a position.
- Viewing employee goals, leave balance, salary reviews, and more.
- Updating personal data like address and bank details.
- Submitting requests (e.g., a vacation request).
- Recording absences (e.g., sickness, annual leave, study or parental leave).
Security and compliance
- Employee data encryption.
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Retention and deletion policies.
- Permission levels for accessing and editing sensitive employee data.
- Compliance with internal and external (e.g., SOX, PCI DSS, GDPR) information security regulations.
Recommended integrations for custom employee database software
to avoid errors when entering employee data into an employee’s record when a candidate becomes a new hire.
to automatically assign onboarding training to new hires and update employee records based on training passed and certifications achieved.
to enable access to employee scheduling, performance management and labor tracking right from employee database software.
to sync employee information critical to payroll management, such as overtime, leaves and absences.
Success factors for custom employee database software
Powerful search engine for quick employee search based on various filters (e.g., skills, competencies, organizational units).
Strong security features to protect sensitive employee data and comply with corporate and government privacy regulations.
Consistency of employee data across all records.
User-friendliness for HR teams and other employees to easily input, update, or complement data as well as quickly create and submit requests into the system.
Key financial outcomes
- Increased productivity of HR teams due to powerful employee search, employee self-service, and more.
- Reduced administrative costs due automation of employee information management.
- Reduced compliance costs due to granular permissions and other security measures that help protect sensitive employee data.
When you should choose custom employee database software
It is a suitable solution if your organization has unique organizational models or sophisticated competency management. Also, a custom employee database solution is your best choice when if you want to ensure smooth integration with third-party systems and tools, for example, enterprise systems like ERP, a financial management system and a document management system.
Implementation of custom employee database software with ScienceSoft
Having ample expertise in custom software development and consulting as well as database development, ScienceSoft offers comprehensive services to help you obtain a full-fledged employee database solution.
- Analyzing employee data management needs.
- Selecting optimal functionality for employee database software.
- Deciding upon relevant integrations.
- Choosing a suitable tech stack.
- Drawing a project plan.
- Designing a solution architecture.
- Elaborating on logical UX and user-friendly UI.
- Business analysis.
- End-to-end software development.
- Data migration.
- Quality assurance.
- Post-implementation support.
ScienceSoft is a global IT consulting and IT services company headquartered in McKinney, TX, US. We advise our customers on the implementation of employee database software and offer full-cycle related services, including consulting, development, integration, QA, training and post-implementation support. If you are interested in employee database software consulting or implementation, feel free to check our database development offer.