Healthcare Software Development Services
Get Reliable and Cost-Efficient Medical Software
With 33 years in IT and 17 years in the healthcare industry, ScienceSoft provides healthcare software development and evolution services to create applications for patients, physicians, nurses, lab technicians, etc.
Healthcare software development is a process of design, development, maintenance, evolution of medical apps. Being a company with skilled developers and vast domain experience, ScienceSoft builds custom solutions for medical orgs, software products, device and pharmaceutical companies.
Need Value-Bringing Healthcare Software?
ScienceSoft is ready to develop medical software of any complexity or advance the existing healthcare application. Healthcare software delivered by our skilled team helps our customers win the market, improve the quality of medical care, increase patient satisfaction, optimize internal workflows.
- 33 years in custom software development and 17 years in healthcare IT.
- ISO 27001, ISO 13485, and ISO 9001 certificates proving our focus on data security, medical devices regulatory compliance, and quality management.
- Experience in developing software compliant with HIPAA, HITECH, NCPDP standards, FDA and ONC requirements, IVDR, MACRA, MIPS, CEHRT, SAFER.
- Expertise in healthcare standards (e.g., HL7, ICD-10, LOINC, CPT, XDS/XDS-I, FHIR, DICOM).
- Established Lean, Agile, and DevOps culture.
- Research-based UX and UI design for convenient use by medical staff and patients.
ScienceSoft is a reliable technology partner for fast and reliable development of complex healthcare software offering full-cycle healthcare software design and development services.
Healthcare software product development
- Market analysis, software idea productization.
- Architecture and API integrations (e.g., with EHR) design.
- UX and UI design.
- Compliant software development (according to HIPAA, HITECH, etc.).
- Healthcare software support and maintenance.
Custom healthcare software development
Our services cover:
- Business analysis of your workflows, solution and feature list planning.
- Design of architecture and integrations with the org’s IT ecosystem.
- Development with a focus on HIPAA, HITECH, etc.
- User training for medical staff.
- Healthcare solution rollout, support, and maintenance.
Healthcare software or product evolution
Our team offers:
- Analysis of the existing software, your business needs, workflows, etc.
- Planning of healthcare software evolution.
- Software evolution (security measures implementation, HIPAA cloud migration, new functionality adding, integration and customization capabilities, etc.).
ScienceSoft’s CEO about Medical Software Development Services
Nick Kurayev, CEO at ScienceSoft
“Our healthcare customers need extremely reliable and secure software, and they need it developed fast. I am always happy when ScienceSoft helps an innovative startup or a niche-expert company grow rapidly by increasing customer base and revenue, or when our clients become digital healthcare leaders with unique software solutions”
Being an experienced healthcare software development company, ScienceSoft develops and evolves software various types of medical software, including solutions for medical specialties (oncology, cardiology, mental health, etc.). Check out the examples of healthcare software we deliver and click the links for a more detailed offering.
For healthcare organizations and software product companies
- Practice management
- Revenue cycle management (RCM)
- EHR/EMR (including EHR interoperability services)
- Digital workplaces for doctors and nurses
- Incident management
- Medical HR software (e.g., for medical staff management)
- Medical training and education (e.g., using VR)
- Hospital inventory management
- Hospital asset tracking
- Healthcare CRM
Medical imaging and laboratory software
- Practice management
- Medical image management
- Medical image analysis software
- Lab management
- In Vitro diagnostics software
- Patient portals for diagnostics results sharing
- Provider portals
For medical device manufacturers
Medical device software and SaMD
- Cloud software for data storage and analysis, device management and integration
- Biosensor cloud applications
- ML-based medical image analysis
- ML-based sensor data analysis
- AR for diagnosis and treatment
- Patient applications for medical devices (e.g., wearables, smart devices)
- Medical staff applications (e.g., for medical device configuration)
- Portals for medical staff
For pharmaceutical companies
- Enterprise Resource Planning software
- Clinical trials
- Supply chain software
- Medication guidance
- Direct-to-consumer (DTC) medication delivery
- Physician portals
Check Our Interactive Demos
Patient App Demo
- Patient-facing functionality for chronic disease management
- Symptoms, vitals, lifestyle tracking
- Treatment process coordination, and more
Demo of a Telehealth App with Remote Monitoring
- Video and text communication functionality
- Remote patient monitoring module enabling automated symptoms identification and vitals analysis for advanced disease management
Telehealth App Demo
- E-visits scheduling and e-prescribing
- Audio and video consultations
- Vitals monitoring
Hospital App Demo
- A set of features for a physician to automate daily tasks (e.g., record updating)
- Dashboard with physician’s schedule and upcoming visits
- Patient health state overview with color-coded vitals
Healthcare CRM Demo
- Consolidated patient information.
- Patient engagement tools like appointment notifications, surveys, personalized communication, and more.
- Appointment management.
ScienceSoft’s business analysts with extensive experience in the healthcare domain will:
- Elicit and analyze functional, operational, legal, and other requirements to create a healthcare software specification.
- Define the healthcare software development project scope and provide a high-level delivery schedule.
- Analyze the potential risks of software development, software use, etc., and develop a risk mitigation action plan.
Our team of UX and UI designers will:
- Map user journeys to design intuitive and simple user experience.
- Create attractive software interface elements (buttons, menus, icons, etc.) to achieve a sleek visual design.
ScienceSoft’s skilled developers will:
- Deliver the project according to an iterative approach (with 2-4 week iterations).
- Develop an MVP or the first application version with a set of high-priority features to ensure faster ROI.
- Integrate software with a healthcare organization’s IT environment or implement APIs for healthcare software products.
Before all major releases of healthcare software, ScienceSoft’s QA engineers conduct:
- Functional testing and integration testing.
- Software compliance and vulnerability assessment, penetration testing.
- Performance testing.
- Usability testing.
ScienceSoft’s project team releases healthcare software into the production environment.
Support and maintenance
If required, ScienceSoft healthcare IT support team:
- Monitors and manages the performance of healthcare software.
- Proactively detects and fixes defects.
- Performs daily healthcare software administration tasks (e.g., security checks and updates, user or access management).
Healthcare software evolution
If you need to introduce new features, customization capabilities, integrations, ScienceSoft’s healthcare IT team is ready to plan and handle healthcare software evolution.
How to Ensure HIPAA Compliance of the Software?
When ScienceSoft works on a healthcare software project, we integrate HIPAA compliance into all development stages to minimize risks of patient data loss, theft, alteration, and potential financial risks. We sign Business Associate Agreement with each customer to guarantee that we follow HIPAA guidelines. During the development, we implement data security, access management, encryption methods, security practices documentation, etc. We also draw up a risk mitigation plan for medical software usage and review it throughout the project.
Need a Reliable Healthcare Software Development Partner?
To start cooperation, just send us your RFP. ScienceSoft’s healthcare IT team will study your business needs and project idea to offer you a tailored proposal.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
- Medical software project start – within 1 week.
- MVP release – from 2-4 months.
- New healthcare software versions – every 2-4 weeks.
Technologies and Architecture Types We Use
Architecture designs and patterns
Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
Traditional 3-layer architecture
Benefits of Custom Medical Software by ScienceSoft
of healthcare software for target users due to intuitive UX, sleek UI, and seamless integrations with required software.
Tailored software functionality
covering all the necessary operational areas (e.g., automated patient invoicing, telehealth appointments scheduling and conducting) to back up arising business ideas.
Automated data processing
for patient outcomes, case reporting, receiving reimbursement, and more.
Implementation of advanced features
for faster diagnosing and care delivery (medical image analysis for CT scans; VR and AR for surgery planning, medical education, rehabilitation; patient data analytics; telehealth appointments; AI for patient-facing chatbots, symptoms checkers, etc.).
Accelerated software roll-out to the market
due to fast MVP launch and iterative development enabling to build a customer base at early stages.
ScienceSoft's Customers Say
bioAffinity Technologies hired ScienceSoft to help in the development of its automated data analysis software for detection of lung cancer using flow cytometry. Our project required a large amount of industry specific methodology and algorithms to be implemented into our new software connected to EHR/LIS systems, which the team handled well. They are reliable, thorough, smart, available, extremely good communicators and very friendly.
President & CEO, bioAffinity Technologies
During our cooperation, ScienceSoft proved to have vast expertise in Healthcare and Life Science industries related to the development of a desktop software connected to laboratory equipment, mobile application, and data analytics platform. They bring top-quality talents and deep knowledge of IT technologies and approaches in accordance with ISO13485 and IEC62304 standards.
Prof. Dr. Department of Biomedical Science, Malmo University
We engaged ScienceSoft to build an Android app that complements our web-based platform for our patients. They advised and successfully lead the way from end to end through the technical challenges and considerations with development of the app. We have also engaged them to introduce a few enhancements to the app and would certainly consider ScienceSoft as a technology partner in further software development initiatives.
CTO, Chiron Health
To develop a mobile application that would enhance a line of Bluetooth-enabled devices for newborn and baby care, we opened an app development tender. ScienceSoft's proof-of-concept was convincing enough for us to further the cooperation. During the project flow we were very pleased by the work of ScienceSoft’s business analysts and developers, who demonstrated high level of skills and competence.
Chairman & CEO, Montex Swiss AG
Fixed price (FP)
We create a fixed quote for the well-defined healthcare project scope. You pay as the project unfolds, the payments schedule is aligned with the project’s milestones. Usually, this model is used for projects developed according to the Waterfall model.
Time and Materials (T&M)
If the project scope is likely to change, we charge for an actual time spent on healthcare software development by an hourly rate of the outsourced specialists. We issue monthly invoices with reports on completed work. Usually, Agile projects opt for this model.
Time and Materials with a cap (T&M NTE)
This model is similar to the T&M, but in this case, there is a defined maximum total charge.
Selected Success Stories by ScienceSoft
Health Information Exchange System and a Patient Mobile App Development
- HIPAA-compliant solution for safe PHI storage, access, transmission between care providers, patients, payers, pharmacies, labs.
- A mobile app allowing patients to access their health data and consult with physicians.
- Technologies: AWS, Android, React, Redux, Java Spring, HL7, FHIR.
Development of Remote Patient Monitoring Software
- 5 mobile applications for iOS and Android (central app, communication app, home app, and more)
- Decreased load on the system (using aggregation of requests, grouping of data, etc.)
- Technologies: Android, iOS, MySQL, PHP, C/C++, Java, Node.js
BI Implementation for 200 Healthcare Centers
- Loading and processing of data from databases of 200+ US healthcare centers and retirement homes.
- Improved healthcare centers’ management processes due to prompt analytics reports.
- Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Transact-SQL, JReport.
Mobile Care Coordination App Development
- Patient health status module with aggregated medical records (diagnoses, allergies, medications, etc.).
- Care team management and communication module (e.g., via video chats, messages).
- Technologies: React Native, Spring Boot.
Development of Automation Software for Cancer Drug & TPN Order and Manufacturing
- GAMP4-compliant solution automating production and stock control of short-living chemotherapy and TPN drugs.
- Financial transactions module for customer invoicing and reports creation.
Telehealth Chiron Mobile App Development
- HIPAA-compliant Android app to book and conduct video appointments with physicians.
- Unpaid phone calls are be replaced with reimbursable video visits.
- Technologies: Android SDK, Custom User Interface, Canvas, Fragments API, JSON.
Development of Inventory Management Software for a Herbal Medicine Manufacturer
- Custom web-based solution to monitor herbs stock during harvesting, packaging, and storing.
- Implemented in 3 weeks.
- Integration with third-party hardware (electronic scale).
- Technologies: Java, Spring Framework, React.js, TeamCity.
Healthcare CRM Implementation for a Medical and Research Center
- А healthcare CRM integrated with the Customer’s EHR and PMS.
- Seamless patient interaction tracking, automated visit notifications to patients and physicians, patient feedback collection.
Learning Portal Development for a UK Social Care Services Provider
- A cloud SharePoint intranet for the Customer’s employees with a training center, corporate news and events block, policies.
Can ScienceSoft help minimize the risk of low software adoption?
We increase the chances for a high adoption rate by creating intuitive and converting UX and nice-looking UI, devising customizable software architecture, ensuring integration capabilities, and providing tools for seamless data migration.
How does ScienceSoft reduce development costs?
We implement cloud-native architecture, use proven third-party components and public APIs and implement test automation to decrease the costs. Our skilled team of healthcare software developers and testers works fast to ensure timely software delivery.
How can we be sure of the quality of your work?
To help you track the efficiency of the development team and project health, our cooperation is based on pre-agreed KPIs (e.g., team velocity, deployment frequency, lead time, cycle time, actual vs. budget costs). We aim to provide valuable outcomes for the customers (e.g., better KPIs for healthcare organizations). To achieve it, we improve software convenience for healthcare specialists to save their time, tailorsoftware features for medical specialties, automate routine operations, and more.
Start Your Healthcare Software Development Project!
Being a custom medical software development company with 17-year expertise, ScienceSoft is ready to partner with you to design, implement or improve healthcare software and ensure its reliability and smooth performance. We will help you achieve your business goals, get ROI faster and ensure quick user adoption.