Customer Portal Development for a Tax Consultation Agency
The Customer is a Texas-based company that helps its clients manage commercial and residential property taxes.
The Customer outgrew their ready-made web portal solution that allowed users to access their financial data. Legacy software would no longer meet their needs in terms of functionality and performance.
To attract new clients and sustain the loyalty of the existing ones, the Customer needed to provide them convenient and easy access to the financial information with a more flexible and speedy web customer portal.
The Customer handed over the end-to-end development of the new web portal solution to ScienceSoft.
Since the Customer didn’t have a clear picture of the future solution at the beginning of cooperation, ScienceSoft’s team decided to incorporate prototyping into the development process. The delivered solution prototype helped the Customer comprehensively test the concept and resolve most initial uncertainties over the requirements.
ScienceSoft’s development team engineered a custom digital platform based on .NET Core and Azure Cloud Services (Application Services, SQL Database Services). Our .NET developers built and deployed both front-end and back-end software parts, as well as handled the required integrations and data synchronization of the portal with QuickBooks Desktop (an accounting software), SigerTax (a tax management system), and Merchant One (a payment system and credit card processor).
Database index optimization and specific design practices secured the required speed of the portal.
The new portal had the client and the admin accounts. The major functions available in the Client account are:
- Signing in.
- Viewing property tax details with tax bills and tax information (can be filtered by property).
- Viewing details about returns (filtered by date).
- Viewing tax bill, payment and tax appeal hearing details.
- Viewing and paying invoices (via Merchant One).
- Importing Property Taxes, Returns, Tax Bills, Payments, Invoices general tables to Excel tables.
- Viewing dashboards with consolidated tax data for the current year, total value by years, total savings, and more.
The Admin account had the following functions available:
- Get notifications about a new client account request or personal info changes.
- Confirm/deny a new client request.
- View client info.
- Create new client accounts.
- Add/disable custom fields for the clients’ view.
- Invite people to the customer portal via email.
ScienceSoft’s team also added a self-monitoring function to the portal that could detect errors emerging during the work with the portal and compiled them in a separate space.
The Customer increased client satisfaction due to fast and convenient access to all tax information they needed. The new system corresponds to the current customer’s business needs in terms of functionality and is ready to satisfy evolving ones due to flexible architecture.