Hire .NET Developers
60+ Pre-Vetted .NET Experts
ScienceSoft offers services by top .NET developers, who build all types of software, including web, cloud, IoT, mobile, and desktop apps. When our .NET experts augment your team, your development pace doubles, and the agile approach of our dedicated .NET teams helps you cut development costs by up to 50%.
Why Partner Up with ScienceSoft
- Since 2004 in .NET development.
- 220+ delivered .NET projects, 95% are large projects.
- 60+ .NET developers.
- Half of our .NET developers hold Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) and Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) certifications.
- Robust quality and data security management, supported by ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certificates.
- Ready to start a project in 1–5 days.
ScienceSoft offers resources of high caliber skilled in Microsoft Azure, .NET, mobile, and Quality Assurance. Over the past three years, Lixar was very pleased with the service provided by ScienceSoft development teams and executive management. For accelerated project timelines which require skilled resources, ScienceSoft is a company that your team should consider.
Jan Banda, Director, Lixar
Learn more about our approach to the development process – agile development steps, DevOps practices, modular architecture design, and more.
ScienceSoft’s Six-step Hiring Process
Thanks to its comprehensive 6-step hiring procedure, ScienceSoft welcomes only the most fitting and extremely productive engineers on board.
1. Careful CV scanning.
2. HR specialist's interview.
3. Test task 1 (soft skills).
4. PM's/Team Lead's interview.
5. Test task 2 (hard skills).
6. CTO's interview.
The competition for ScienceSoft .NET developer roles is always high (50+ applicants per position) and we always take our time to hire only the most fitting candidates. This way, we guarantee that our developers will deliver the highest level of services.
Sample Profile of Our Senior .NET Developer
Will, Senior .NET Developer
Experience in .NET development: 8 years
Skilled in architecture design and development of large and complex .NET solutions; experienced in software deployment using Microsoft Azure.
- Development of a complex enterprise solution for one of the largest US insurance companies. Led a team of 17 developers.
Technologies: .NET Core, C#, ASP.NET Core, ADO.NET, Entity Framework Core, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure.
- Architecture design and development of a large IoT solution for connected cars that received Edison Award. Senior in a team of 20 developers.
- Development of a high-load big data analytic solution with a complex back end, deployed in Microsoft Azure IaaS.
Technologies: .NET, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Azure, DevExpress, CruiseControl, Spark.
- Development of complex and large web applications; cloud development on Azure or AWS.
- Development of highly scalable, fault-tolerant and secure APIs with REST, GraphQL, OData or gRPC support.
- Design of highly available, resilient, secure, and cost-effective cloud and microservices architectures from scratch with CI/CD, automation, and IaaC in mind.
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases (e.g., Azure Cosmos DB).
- Ability to quickly understand existing large codebases.
- Migration of legacy systems to modern stack; migration to Linux.
- CI/CD pipeline set up.
- Unit testing (of both the back end and the front end) and rigorous code review.
- Machine Learning module implementation with ML.NET.
- Quick adaptation to new project workflows, tools, and requirements (<3 days).
- Solid communication skills.
- Willingness to lead and mentor juniors and new team members.
- Enthusiastic contribution to discussions on app architecture design and integrations.
- Professional cooperation with product owners during requirement verification.
- Ability to find balance between business needs and technical limitations.
- Proactive code polishing, application performance optimization and process tuning.
- Strong motivation.
Development methodologies and practices
- Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, XP.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you work with Agile, Waterfall, or other development models?
98% of our projects are Agile-based. Within that number, 80% are executed using Scrum or ScrumBut. With Agile (Scrum), we work in efficient 2-3-week sprints to develop the software iteratively.
However, we can also opt for Waterfall if we can confidently estimate the project scope and agree on the final software requirements before coding starts.
In software support and evolution projects, we mostly follow Kanban.
What about the 'you build it, you run it' approach?
Yes, we offer dedicated .NET teams ready to take full technical ownership of the project and be responsible for everything from planning and development to infrastructure setup and management.
Who owns the code?
The code is in your sole ownership.
Who manages the project?
We have a strong full-scale PMO with ample experience in complex, large-scale .NET projects. The majority of our projects are managed by our in-house project managers.
However, we can also provide a dedicated .NET development team to be fully or partially managed by you. We minimize management efforts on your side by ensuring high transparency of the development process and proactive risk management.
How can I keep track of the project progress?
We give you access to a secure project extranet so that everyone involved in the project can access the latest documentation and other key deliverables. Depending on the project, they may include a software prototype, a product backlog (a discrete list of features with screenshots and testing criteria, bug fixes and infrastructure changes to be delivered), a sprint schedule (a plan of what features, fixes and changes will be delivered in what sprint), and more.
Every week, we hold status meetings. Also, a dedicated project manager will always be ready to answer any questions.
What systems do you use to track the progress of your delivery?
We mainly use Azure DevOps, Atlassian Jira, Microsoft Project, Excel, and Confluence. If needed, we’re ready to adopt your preferred tools.
How Our .NET Developers Ensure Code Quality
Coding best practices
- Adherence to .NET coding guidelines, use of style checking tools.
- Adherence to data security practices.
- Descriptive names for all variables and in-code comments.
- Code documentation.
- Code split into short and focused units.
- Use of frameworks’ APIs, third-party libraries, version control tools.
- Ensured code portability.
- Reasonable standardization and automation.
- Unit tests are created as part of a functional requirements specification.
- Tests verify code behavior in response to the input of standard, boundary, and incorrect values.
- Tests are rerun after each significant code change to guarantee proper performance.
Code review practices
- Ad hoc review.
- Peer review.
- Code walkthrough.
- Code inspection.
Code quality metrics
- Maintainability index (MI).
- Cyclomatic Complexity (CC).
- Depth of Inheritance.
- Class Coupling.
Our Architecture Sample
Our Code Sample
The part of code below reflects a retry mechanism in HTTP communication. The mechanism handles transient faults such as momentary network connectivity loss, temporary unavailability of a service, or timeouts.
Software Our .NET Developers Build
Of various complexity
- Large and complex applications with 50+ FTE teams.
- Business-critical solutions with strict requirements to performance and availability.
- Highly secure systems.
- Applications with multiple integrations.
- Data-intensive applications.
For all groups of end-users
- B2B software.
- B2E software.
- B2C software.
- Custom enterprise platforms and apps for internal use.
- Commercial software products.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of the Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2023
For the second year in a row, ScienceSoft USA Corporation ranks among 500 American companies with the highest revenue growth. This achievement is the result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and create best-value solutions that meet and even exceed our clients’ expectations.
Development of Multi-Module Aviation Insurance Software
- Self-managed team of 9 experts (a software architect, a business analyst, 3 backend developers, 3 frontend developers, and a QA engineer).
- CI/CD with Azure DevOps Server.
- 4+ years of cooperation, evolution and maintenance are ongoing.
Technologies: .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Angular 1.5.8, Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Studio, Azure Services.
Development of an Azure-based Software Product for Business Process Automation
- SaaS software product with high availability due to architecture design with Azure-based microservices and a custom performance monitoring module.
- Agile (Scrum) development with DevOps (Docker, CI/CD) approach and a proprietary IMAAT (Integrated Manual and Automated Testing) technique.
Technologies: .NET Core, C#; Angular, TypeScript; Grafana; Azure Services.
Development of Software Product that Powers COVID Vaccine Manufacturer
- Outsourced .NET development of complex laboratory software, used by AstraZeneca and GSK.
- Product support by experts with a chemistry degree.
- A team of 10 engineers is involved in software maintenance and evolution.
Technologies: Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Basic.NET, .NET Framework 1.1/2.0, ADO and ADO.NET, Oracle 9/10.
Development of a Trade Marketing System for a Global Marketing Agency
- Onsite visit of the team of 3 consultants, later ramped up with 10 .NET developers.
- Agile (Scrum) development with DevOps (CI/CD) approach, powered by Windows PowerShell and TeamCity.
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC 5, WCF, Entity Framework, Microsoft SQL Server; jQuery, Backbone.js, Underscore.js.
Development of a World’s Largest PLM Platform
- Dedicated team of 4 developers, ramped up to 39 experts over the 2 years of collaboration.
- Created software drives the development of products with over $300 billion in annual sales.
Technologies: .NET 4.0, ASP.NET, Classic ASP, NHibernate, ADO.NET; WIX, CruiseControl.NET, Microsoft SQL Server.
Development of a Digital Signage Monitoring Solution for a LED Display Manufacturer
- A team of a business analyst, 3 .NET developers, and a QA engineer.
- The team created the concept from scratch, designed the architecture, and developed the solution in 3 months.
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, Web API 2, WPF, Win API, PostgreSQL.
Development of a Facial Recognition Application for Retail
- Combined and enhanced use of multiple computer vision algorithms and methods (Harris corner detector, Flusser’s affine invariants, Hu’s moment invariants, Mahalanobis metric, Scale-invariant feature transform, etc.) to ensure high percentage of correct recognition.
Technologies: .Net 2.0/3.5, C++, IPP, OpenCV library.
How You Hire .NET Developers from ScienceSoft
You send us a request, specifying the number of .NET experts you need, their desired level of experience, as well as the model of cooperation you're interested in.
ScienceSoft performs preliminary scanning of our experts' CVs in the database and sends you the most relevant ones.
You choose the CVs you're most interested in and let us know the time you're available for interviewing candidates.
We help arrange the interviews with our .NET developers within 1-2 days.
After you confirm the experts' competence, ScienceSoft works with you to compose a service level agreement (SLA).
Once you sign, the experts (lead by ScienceSoft’s or your PM – you decide) immediately start working on your project.
How We Work at Every Stage of .NET Development
At this stage, our team delves into your business needs, existing processes, obstacles, ambitions, and vision of the ideal software. Then, leveraging our experience from 3,600 IT projects, we:
- Devise the solution.
- Elaborate on the project plan.
- Prepare a risk mitigation plan.
- Estimate time and budget.
- Agree on the KPIs to measure the project health and software quality.
But if you already have a software requirements specification and a project plan, we can go directly to the next stage.
Architecture, UX and UI design
Our solution architects design a high-performing, reliable, secure, and scalable software architecture.
Our UX researchers study the target audience, its needs and behavior. Then, they create wireframes that demonstrate the basic content layout and functionality.
Our UI designers create UI kits and full-color graphic interface mockups.
If you have it all ready, we skip this stage.
PoC & dynamic prototype delivery (optional)
Want to see how your software will look and function before it is delivered? We can create a dynamic prototype of the future application to demonstrate it to stakeholders and future users.
To test the idea, verify tech assumptions, and de-risk further investments, we can deliver a proof of concept — a simplified version of the future software or its part.
We establish infrastructure as code (IaC), design and implement the containerization process, and set up CI/CD pipelines.
MVP development, testing, and deployment (optional)
To quickly find out how users accept the software and adjust it accordingly, we can start with an MVP (minimum viable product) – an early app version with just enough features to roll it out to the users and start monetizing it.
Full-scale software development, testing, and deployment
Back-end developers build the server side and the APIs of the new software and integrate it with the back ends of other applications if needed.
Front-end developers transform static interface images provided by UI designers into a fully functional client side and ensure its smooth communication with the server.
The development team performs regular unit testing and code reviews (ad hoc reviews, pair programming, walkthrough, etc.).
In parallel with development, our QA engineers validate every aspect of the new software: functionality, integrations, performance, usability, and security. They use both automated and manual tests — in the long run, test automation helps to save a significant amount of project resources.
24/7 monitoring, support, and evolution (on demand)
After the software or its part reaches the production environment, we can continue maintaining, supporting, and evolving it according to the changing business needs.
How We Ensure Successful Cooperation
Responsible resource management
When you augment your team with our .NET developers for hire or leverage a dedicated .NET team, ScienceSoft is always ready to provide on-demand scale up or down in just 1–2 days.
To monitor .NET developers’ performance in a dedicated team and ensure their highest productivity, ScienceSoft uses its mature KPIs (cycle time, team velocity, etc.). We share our metrics with you and give you access to our reporting tools, thus letting you track the project progress.
Employees’ professional growth
ScienceSoft cares about its developers and makes sure their workplaces are comfortable and safe. We also encourage the consistent professional development of our experts, engaging them in individual training courses and Microsoft certification programs.
Outsourcing to ScienceSoft vs. Hiring In-house Developers or Freelancers
On average, building a mature .NET team of 5 developers takes 8-10 months. If you turn to a ScienceSoft instead, you can get such a team within a single week.
In-house hiring implies legal employment, which entails payroll taxes. When outsourcing to ScienceSoft, you only pay us according to a T&M model by hourly rate. We take care of developers’ wages and taxes on our own.
When hiring freelancers, you need to review CVs that weren’t pre-vetted by anyone, manage separate pays, handle coordination and management of distributed teams. Cooperation with freelancers can’t ensure risk mitigation in data confidentiality, adherence to schedule, and software quality. If you turn to ScienceSoft, we can assume full responsibility for the team arrangement and management, quality of the project deliverables and related risk management.
By employing .NET developers in-house, you usually take on long-term obligations. When you work with ScienceSoft, you can easily opt out of cooperation with a 1-month notice.
Choose Your Cooperation Model
.NET team augmentation
Rely on the experience of ScienceSoft’s .NET developer(s) to get over skill deficiency or bridge staff gaps in your project.
Dedicated .NET team
Hire a team of skilled .NET talents, managed by ScienceSoft’s Team Lead/PM, to deliver your .NET project or its part.