Hire Node.js Developers
ScienceSoft offers services by Node.js developers with a solid track record in architecting and building apps of various sizes and complexity. Our back-end and full-stack Node.js engineers are ready to either augment your team or join your project as a dedicated team managed by a PM on our side.
Why Partner Up with ScienceSoft
ScienceSoft delivers really dedicated developers, who are eager to solve problems and are positive about their work and area of expertise. Their PHP and Node.js skills are excellent. I know I can rely on them and I like it. Our investment surely pays off.
David Frenay, CEO, Emolytics
Need Top Node.js Developers for Your Project?
Trust the years-long experience of ScienceSoft’s Node.js engineers, who develop quality software of any complexity with easily scalable and maintainable back ends. By choosing ScienceSoft as your technology partner, you can also count on the assistance of experts in business analysis, QA, DevOps, and other domains.
ScienceSoft’s Six-step Hiring Process
Thanks to its comprehensive 6-step hiring procedure, ScienceSoft welcomes only the most skilled and extremely productive engineers on board.
- Careful CV scanning.
- HR specialist's interview.
- Test task 1 (soft skills).
- PM's/Team Lead's interview.
- Test task 2 (hard skills).
- CTO's interview.
The competition for ScienceSoft Node.js developer roles is constantly high (50+ applicants per position) and we always take our time to hire only the most fitting candidates. This way, we guarantee that our experts will deliver the level of services that represents ScienceSoft as a brand.
Node.js frameworks and libraries
Mobile development frameworks
Real-time data processing
API and integrations
You can also learn more about our approach to the development process – agile development steps, DevOps practices, modular architecture design, and more.
Experience in Node.js development: 7 years
- Architecture design and back-end development of a web + mobile solution for a healthcare provider. Senior in a team of 11 developers.
Technologies: Node.js, Express, Chart.js, REST Web Services, MariaDB.
- Full-stack development and integration of a supply chain web system for a hardware manufacturer. Lead in a team of 10 developers.
- Full-stack development of a custom CMS for a multi-branch retail business. Lead in a team of 7 developers.
- Back-end development with Node.js.
- Migration of legacy systems to the latest Node.js versions.
- Development of scalable, fault-tolerant, and secure APIs.
- Integration of front-end elements built by other developers into an application.
- Analysis and understanding of new large codebases.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Ample expertise in cloud development.
- Asynchronous programming.
- Code styling with the use of preprocessors.
- Unit testing and code review.
- Fast adaptation to new processes and requirements (<3 days).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Efficient cooperation with product owners during requirements verification.
- Mentorship and training of juniors and/or new team members.
- Driving of programming standards in a team.
- Active contribution to team discussions on how to properly design the architecture.
- Proactive optimization of solution performance.
Development methodologies and practices
- Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, XP.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
How Our Node.js Developers Ensure Code Quality
Coding best practices
- Adherence to coding guidelines and use of code quality checking tools (e.g. JSLint).
- Code divided into short and focused units.
- Descriptive names for all variables.
- In-code comments to make code self-documented.
- Use of frameworks’ APIs, third-party libraries, version control tools.
- Ensured code portability.
- Reasonable code standardization and automation.
- Unit tests are a prepared as part of initial project documentation.
- Tests aim at verifying code behavior in response to the input of standard, boundary, and incorrect values.
- After each significant code change, unit tests are rerun to ensure proper functioning.
Code review practices
- Ad hoc review.
- Peer review.
- Code walkthrough.
- Code inspection.
Code quality metrics
- Maintainability index (MI).
- Cyclomatic Complexity (CC).
- Depth of Inheritance.
- Class Coupling.
All types of software
Of various complexity
- Large and complex applications, requiring 50+ FTE teams.
- Highly secure systems.
- Applications with multiple integrations.
- Data-intensive applications.
- High-load real-time solutions.
- Node Package Manager (NPM) plugins and modules.
For all groups of users
- B2B, B2C, B2E.
- Custom enterprise platforms and corporate apps.
- Commercial software products.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
Development of an AR Content Management System for Digital Signage
- A PM, 2 senior Node.js devs, a senior React dev, a middle React dev, and a QA expert working under Scrum for 6 months.
- Custom web app with the architecture allowing for 2 different business roles.
- Integration with a custom Unity3D plugin for AR content editing.
Technologies: Node.js, FeathersJS, React, Redux, Amazon S3, MariaDB.
- Customer-facing web app development with Node.js, .NET, and Angular.
- Design of the service-oriented architecture to handle high loads and provide stable performance to 50,000 daily visitors.
- Implementation of proprietary APIs.
Development of Remote Patient Monitoring Software for US Clinics
- End-to-end development of mobile apps and a web-based dashboard.
- Back-end integration with Sensor Network Appliances.
- Development of dedicated servers for VoIP communication, statistics reports, and survey builder.
Development of a Digital Signage Solution for In-Store Audio Product Check
- Dedicated team of 8 experts working under the Scrum methodology for 1 year.
- Full solution implementation: client app, master controller software, custom web app for system administration.
- Integration with WebSockets and REST API.
Technologies: Raspberry Pi, Linux (Debian, Raspbian), Node.js, Python.
Development of an IoT Mobile Solution for Baby Care
- Dedicated team of 7 developers and 1 UX/UI designer.
- Work under Agile methodology for 11 months.
- Back-end integration with branded devices for baby care.
Technologies: Swift, Java, PHP 7, Node.js, MySQL 5.7, MongoDB.
Streamline and Speed Up Your Node.js Project
With our Node.js experts, you get professional assistance in:
- Project technology stack selection.
- Design of back-end and front-end architectures.
- Software development and integration.
- Thorough code review and unit testing.
- Continuous support & maintenance and evolution of your software.
- Software migration or its update to a newer version.
How to Hire Node.js Developers from ScienceSoft
You send us a request, specifying the number of Node.js experts you need, their desired level of experience, as well as the model of cooperation you're interested in.
ScienceSoft performs preliminary scanning of our experts' CVs in the database and sends you the most relevant ones.
You choose the CVs you're most interested in and let us know the time you're available for interviewing candidates.
We help arrange the interviews with our developers within 1-2 days.
After you confirm the experts' competence, ScienceSoft works with you to compose a service level agreement (SLA).
Once you sign, the experts (lead by ScienceSoft’s or your PM – you decide) immediately start working on your project.
How We Ensure Successful Cooperation
On-demand team adjustment
After opting for either team augmentation or dedicated team services, you can easily request to add or remove FTEs whenever your project needs it. ScienceSoft guarantees to scale up or down the resources in terms of only 1-5 days.
Transparency and commitment
In Dedicated Team arrangement, we ensure that our experts perform well against the KPIs (e.g., cycle time, team velocity, deployment frequency) and share the access to our logging tools (Jira, Confluence), where you can track the engineers performance.
Continuous professional growth
By conducting internal trainings and workshops as well as helping our Node.js developers take part in external conferences and certification programs, we make sure that the skills of our engineers always stay sharp and relevant.
Hire Node.js Developers: In-house vs. Outsourcing
- Hiring in-house implies spending a lot of time and effort on reading dozens of CVs, filtering out the candidates without the level of competence you need. With vendor outsourcing, you get shortlisted CVs of the most fitting candidates, who passed a multi-step interview to get on board in the vendor’s company and have experience relevant to your project.
- It can take up to 8-10 months to find and onboard a team of experienced developers for a Node.js project. When you request vendor services, however, you can hire necessary developers in under a week.
- By outsourcing development, you can leverage the differences in the hourly rates of developers for hire, which often depends on their location. This helps you reduce the costs of your project.
Node.js team augmentation
Rely on the experience of ScienceSoft’s Node.js developer(s) to handle skill deficiency or bridge staff gaps in your project.
Dedicated Node.js team
Entrust your project or its part to a team of skilled Node.js talents, managed by ScienceSoft’s Team Lead/PM.