Testing of an LCMS for a European eLearning Leader
The Customer is a European software development company delivering custom LCMS solutions to various industries, including Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Education, etc. While designed mostly for knowledge providers, the learning management system benefits any company offering on-the-job training.
The Customer’s product line comprised 3 comprehensive LCMS solutions:
- Online Learning Content Management System (LCMS)
- LCMS Packager, a desktop application for creating consistent professional learning content offline
- Mobile version of the web-based LCMS
Being on the eLearning market for 10+ years, the Customer decided to update their products and to ensure that every custom LCMS solution was fully functional. Reaching these goals required comprehensive testing and QA consulting services, and the Customer turned to ScienceSoft.
In the line of work, ScienceSoft’s QA team performed the following sets of tests:
- Functional testing of the web-based LCMS and the new features introduced according to the Customer’s requirements.
- Assuring compatibility with SCORM, a set of technical standards guiding the implementation of e-learning software worldwide (for the products and each customized version).
- UI and UX testing to deliver fully customized LCMS solutions to the Customer’s end clients.
- Integration testing to ensure the LCMS could be successfully integrated with end clients’ proprietary software.
- Automated testing of content template library.
ScienceSoft’s QA team blended well with the Customer’s multinational team. Constantly communicating with the Customer, the team was successfully following the Agile project methodology, that comprised short iterations (sprints), tight deadlines and changing requirements.
ScienceSoft’s QA team provided the Customer with comprehensive testing services of their LCMS suite. As a result, the customer updated their top products and offered their end clients unique LCMS solutions fully covering the clients’ specific needs. During the partnership with ScienceSoft, the Customer became a trusted and respected eLearning player serving multinational corporations.
In January 2017, the Customer successfully showcased at the London Exhibition of Learning Technologies.
Technologies and Tools