Customization of Episerver Web Applications for Douwe Egberts Coffee Company with $7 Billion in Revenue
A European company providing website, e-commerce and digital marketing solutions for customers such as Volkswagen, Philips, Heineken, DSM, Douwe Egberts (the 2nd largest coffee company in the world, and the end customer in this project), JD Edwards, now part of Oracle, and others.
The Customer was commissioned to maintain multiple Episerver websites of Douwe Egberts, including that of Senseo, Pickwick, Jacobs and more. Two of our Episerver specialists with the focus on retail app development joined the project to help the team customize and personalize the websites in line with various needs of distributed content creation teams.
During the project, ScienceSoft specialists performed tasks both on the front- and back-end:
- Building modules – a set of configurable functionality (for example, promotional one-page websites, feedback and survey forms, etc.). For Senseo’s website, for example, we developed a survey template to help gather consumers’ coffee preferences and, consequently, send birthday gifts to them. The template is fully customizable via the admin panel, from survey questions to layout elements (colors, backgrounds, buttons, etc.).
- Personalizing content – for example, showing targeted videos to users from particular countries through filtering IP addresses (configurable via the CMS).
- Implementing federated security to enable safe collaboration across multiple systems, networks and organizations.
- Adding localizations (new language versions of the websites)
- Configuring websites through the CMS
- Creating automated tests
In the course of 7 months, our developers improved multiple Episerver websites of Douwe Egberts by adding more personalization features and security to their functionality.
Technologies and Tools
Episerver CMS 6/7.5, ASP.NET, C#, Entity Framework, Microsoft SQL Server