Chronic Disease Management Solutions
It is the time to make chronic disease care delivery systematic and get rid of the practice of pinpointed measures to fight complications and exacerbations. With a 14-year experience in custom healthcare software development, ScienceSoft creates caregiver-connected solutions to advance chronic disease management and empower continuous communication with patients.
We build chronic disease management software to offer you the following bonuses:
- Next-level care delivery through permanent health data exchange between patients and caregivers
- Improved health outcomes – reduced risk of complications, exacerbations and readmissions
- Advanced patient engagement
- Remote care integration allowing to lessen appointments at the organization
Contact us to find out more about other benefits for your organization.
Chronic Disease Management System
A chronic disease management system (CDMS) connects to the EHR and the mobile application on a patient’s device. The CDMS enables health data analysis, alerting and processing information (by sending notifications to patients and receiving their messages). It is a central system that can be built to fit a number of chronic conditions and support particular mobile apps for each separate disease.
We offer two implementation options:
- CRM-based development on Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Salesforce
- Custom solution development
You can have a look at additional details and examples by exploring our recent article on diabetes management mHealth app concept.
We suggest developing different mobile apps for specific chronic conditions. Each disease has its own management aspects, and therefore we shouldn’t settle for one common solution.
The mobile app is a key caregiver-patient communication point. The app handles the inbound and outbound data flows, allowing to interact with patients in a most effective way.
Caregiver to Patient Data Flow
- Medication intake scheme
- Nutrition recommendations
- Notifications on scheduled appointments, lab results, medication management and more
- Instructions on improving physical activity, checking vitals, appropriate using of medications and more
- Motivation elements: gamification, social media sharing, goal-setting
Patient to Caregiver Data Flow
- Subjective: discomfort, pain, muscle spasms, headache, shiver, fever, nausea and more
- Objective: temperature, blood pressure, glycose level and more
- Medication intake data
We recommend to develop a cross-platform application, the Xamarin technology is an optimal choice to support patients with iOS and Android devices. Moreover, the app can connect wearables and chronic condition-related devices to include the collected observations into patient’s health status overviews.
Data Analytics and Reporting
We create this layer to transform the scattered information particles into valuable insights, supporting the patient’s chronic condition care cycle, so that physicians and CDMS could use this data further. There can be 2 implementation alternatives:
- Load data to the central clinical data warehouse and conduct analysis there
- Create a dedicated chronic disease analytical system with a data warehouse, backed by OLAP cubes and visualized through reports, charts and dashboards
Software Logic Illustration
A physician creates a personal treatment plan in the EHR or the CDMS, according to a particular patient’s health profile with comorbidities, allergies, physical activity level, nutrition habits and more.
The patient receives the treatment plan via the mobile app and follows the recommendations and instructions. The patient records and sends to caregiver their blood pressure, daily diet, sleep, mood, medication intake, etc. This data allows the CDMS to monitor the patient’s health status and notify the physician or the patient about disturbing changes.
Then, the physician or system can suggest the patient scheduling an appointment to discuss the alterations in the treatment plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we consider something other than a mobile app?
Yes. In this case, we can offer you to build a medical website, although this alternative is less convenient and attractive to patients.
How about HIPAA compliance?
We create solutions that are fully compliant with HIPAA and HITECH, FDA policies, ISO 13485, and other regulations. To ensure you the highest security level, all data will be stored at your servers. We track all changes and updates in mobile health space rules to keep our software secure and reliable.
What chronic conditions can be covered?
We suggest developing solutions for patients with the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Behavioral disorders