HR Software in Healthcare
Take Full Control of Medical HR Processes
With 17 years in healthcare IT, ScienceSoft implements medical HR software to help healthcare organizations streamline administrative workflows, improve employee management, and keep track of medical staff trainings.
Healthcare HR Software: The Essence
By using specialized HR software, healthcare organizations can tackle medical staff shortage, employee turnover, high labor costs, win the competition for highly skilled clinicians, avoid scheduling issues, maintain compliance (e.g., with HIPAA, GDPR), and ensure proper medical staff credentialing.
Medical HR solution is usually integrated with practice management software, accounting software, and nurse/physician application. The implementation costs range between $25,000 and $100,000, depending on the organization’s size and software complexity.
Key Functionality for Efficient Healthcare HR Software
When designing a tailored HR software feature set, ScienceSoft’s healthcare IT experts consider the business specifics and workflows of each particular organization. Below, our consultants list the features that are most frequently requested by our clients in healthcare.
Medical staff recruitment
- Vacancy management.
- Internal vacancy posting and job transfer within a hospital network.
- Interview scheduling.
- Candidate and recruitment management.
- AI-based CV analysis and filtering.
- Medical employee background checks (e.g., with HHS/OIG/GSA).
Onboarding and retention
- Employee onboarding management.
- Employee benefits management.
- Corporate events and employee recognition management.
- Rule-based notifications and automatic actions on important dates (employee birthday, approaching contract termination, document submission deadline, etc.)
- Customizable email and message templates.
- Online employee satisfaction/feedback surveys.
Employee data management
- Staff database with employee profiles and details on qualifications, education, general health state, vaccinations, passed trainings, licenses, etc.
- Medical credentialing and privileging status tracking.
- Fully auditable digital paper trail for licensure, credentialing, compliance trainings, etc.
Employee training and compliance
- Employee training management (e.g., introductory training, HIPAA compliance, cybersecurity).
- Centralized policies and procedures management.
- Policy awareness surveys.
- Digital completion and review of federal and state compliance forms (e.g., I-9, W-4).
Employee self-service features
- Employee self-service portal for day off and vacation scheduling, shift logging, medical leave documentation submission, etc.
- Knowledge base for the medical staff.
- Virtual assistants and AI chatbots for healthcare organization’s employees.
- Peer recognition features (e.g., badges, point-based recognition system).
- Automated and manual shift scheduling.
- Schedule changes alerts for employees.
- Medical staff work time tracking (including limits per week to avoid overwork).
- Ticketing and processing of employees’ requests for vacations, sick leaves, shift changes, etc.
- Payroll management.
- Payslip mailout.
Analytics and reporting
- AI-powered predictive analytics for workforce planning (based on historical data, labor market trends).
- HR reports and dashboards (e.g., current medical staff number, medical specialties breakdown, turnover, onboarding completion rate, employees on a sick leave, etc.).
- Financial and operational HR reporting (e.g., PBJ reporting).
- KPI-based analytics of HR staff efficiency.
Need unique HR software features for your organization?
ScienceSoft’s team of seasoned healthcare IT consultants and software engineers is ready to design a tailored feature set for your HR software and implement a solution within 2–4 months.
Must-Have Integrations for Efficient Medical HR Software
To facilitate data consistency and maximize the efficiency of HR software for healthcare, it is important to integrate the solution with the relevant business systems. Our healthcare consultants outlined the most vital integrations for medical HR systems.
Practice management system
To ensure a single entry of medical staff workload data into a healthcare IT system, and then having this data available throughout other relevant systems.
To avoid data silos and facilitate seamless exchange of any payroll- and compensation-related employee data.
Nurse/physician application or Intranet
Medical staff can access a self-service portal and update necessary HR-related data, as well as get notified of upcoming trainings, shift changes, organizational announcements, etc.
Integrations with email, messaging apps, social media, etc. to stay in touch with the candidates and employees and keep comprehensive communication records.
Firstly, I strongly recommend implementing advanced security features. This way, you will ensure sensitive data integrity, compliance with the relevant regulations, and avoid security loopholes within your organization’s IT environment.
Another thing is to focus on automating your HR workflows. Our customers say it helps significantly reduce the time spent on repetitive tasks, handle employee requests faster, and make data-driven staffing decisions. On top of that, your HR staff will be able to dedicate more time and effort to creating an inclusive and healthy working environment within the organization.
A Featured Success Story by ScienceSoft
A Platform-Based HR Solution for a UK Social Care Services Provider
Challenge: The need to streamline everyday working activities of the medical staff while facilitating employee development and assessing staff performance and competencies.
Solution: A SharePoint-based solution featuring an HR module with policy management, performance checks, and employee engagement functionality. To the employees, the solution provides a training center and a mobile self-service portal.
HR Platforms We Recommend
If a healthcare organization is willing to settle for a simple HR solution without industry-specific features and/or already has legacy systems based on a certain platform (e.g., SharePoint), ScienceSoft’s consultants often recommend to implement the following HR software products.
Microsoft SharePoint HRMS
Medical staff onboarding, HR document management.
- A comprehensive document management system with advanced search filters and results ranking.
- Payroll management capabilities (work hours logging, deductions, taxes, etc.).
- Real-time dashboards to track the onboarding progress, training completion, etc.
- AI-powered analytics tools.
$5–$23 user/month (depending on the plan option).
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Human Resources
Employee self-service, performance management.
- Administrative tasks (e.g., staff-related document management, credentialing).
- Training management and planning.
- Performance assessment and employee surveys.
- Integration with other Microsoft tools (e.g., Power BI for comprehensive reports and dashboards, SharePoint Intranet for engagement and self-learning).
- $120 user/month for full application capabilities.
- $4 user/month for employee and manager self-service capabilities.
ServiceNow® HR Service Delivery Platform
- Employee guides and a knowledge base for medical staff.
- Ticketing of administrative tasks, ML-powered ticket prioritization.
- Employee onboarding and lifecycle automation.
- Intelligent chatbots for medical and administrative staff.
- Upon request to a vendor.
Explore a Demo of a SharePoint-Based HR Software
- Full visibility into hiring and onboarding
- Automated employee management
- Built-in employee learning management
An HR module in another healthcare IT system
Including HR functionality into an existing custom solution (e.g., practice management software) helps achieve data integrity, save time and resources on employee training and software support.
AI-based predictive analytics
With this advanced feature, HR staff will have access to AI-generated insights on the potential medical staff behavior, and plan corresponding HR actions (e.g., initiate nurse practitioner recruitment).
High user adoption
To help your team adopt new healthcare HR software easily and without extensive additional training, we offer custom software with research-based UX, simple and user-friendly UI.
How Much Does an HR Solution for Healthcare Cost?
Based on ScienceSoft’s experience, the cost of medical HR software depends largely on the required functionality, an organization’s size, and the complexity of its workflows. On average, the cost of healthcare HR software implementation ranges from $25,000 to $100,000.
A platform-based solution for a healthcare organization with under 1,000 employees.
A platform-based solution for a healthcare organization with 1,000-5,000 employees.
An advanced custom solution for a mid-size or large healthcare organization.
Let’s Implement Robust HR Software for Your Healthcare Org!
With a track record of over 100 successful healthcare IT projects, ScienceSoft’s team knows how to implement efficient medical HR software tailored to the unique needs of each particular healthcare organization.
ScienceSoft as a Reliable HR and Healthcare Software Provider
For the past 6 years, ScienceSoft has been a reliable partner in supporting and maintaining our HR software product. They keep modernizing HR on our demand, introducing new features and tweaking existing functionality to let us better cater to our growing client base. Moreover, ScienceSoft has successfully migrated our product from on-premises Microsoft Access to cloud-based Microsoft SQL Server, ensuring uninterrupted, smooth operation and high availability of HR in the new infrastructure.
President & CEO
ScienceSoft has been a competent partner for medical software development. We would recommend them as a trustworthy vendor. They are reliable, thorough, smart, available, extremely good communicators and very friendly. We would recommend hiring ScienceSoft to anyone looking for a highly productive and solution-driven team.
Headquartered in McKinney, Texas, ScienceSoft is an IT consulting and software development company with a track record of 100+ successful healthcare IT projects. Being a Microsoft Solutions Partner, we design and deliver powerful and secure HR solutions for organizations of various industries, including healthcare.
More from ScienceSoft