Medical Web Design & Development Services
Full-cycle medical web design and development services aim at creating engaging web-based platforms. Since 2005, ScienceSoft builds web solutions for healthcare providers and healthcare software product companies to facilitate smooth communication within the team, with patients and customers.
ScienceSoft Is a Leader in Healthcare IT Services Market in 2022 SPARK Matrix
ScienceSoft is featured as a leading healthcare IT services provider, along with Athena Health and Oracle Cerner. This achievement is a result of 17 years of tireless pursuit of technological innovation, made possible by ScienceSoft’s passionate team of healthcare IT experts who always strive to make a difference for patients and caregivers alike.
Types of Medical Web Software We Develop
- Business websites for hospitals, health networks, outpatient clinics, nursing homes, practices, etc.
- Catalogue websites displaying a product range of a medical device manufacturer, a pharmaceutical company, a healthcare software product company, etc.
- Landing websites (e.g., for medical startups).
- Health education websites (e.g., for medical students, doctors in clinical training, patients).
Medical web portals
- Patient portals with telemedicine functionality (to provide patients with access to their health information, appointments scheduling, virtual care, etc.).
- Portals for medical staff (HR software to automate workflows, share expertise within the medical team, etc.).
- Healthcare information portals (storing medical articles, information about drugs and symptoms, news, etc.).
- Vendor portals (featuring information about medical supply vendors and vendor communication history).
- Care delivery assistance (diagnostic web apps, clinical decision support apps, etc.).
- Patient information storage and sharing (e.g., a hospital information system).
- Patient care and monitoring (e.g., chronic disease management apps, telemedicine apps, outpatient care apps).
- Internal processes automation (e.g., hospital inventory management apps).
- 17 years of expertise in healthcare and mobile domains
- 33 years in software development
- Quality management system for medical devices and SaMD backed by ISO 13485:2016 certification
- Knowledge of healthcare standards (e.g., HL7, ICD-10, CPT, XDS/XDS-I)
- Research-based user experience and user interface design
- ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by Financial Times
Your patients are mobile, so should your web platform be. Step out from the desktop-only realm and make you resource a number one go-to companion regardless of device, browser or platform.
Integration with internal systems
We integrate the web solution with your EHR/EMR, practice management, scheduling, billing and other systems (may be relevant for hospital websites design, patient portals, web apps for disease management, etc.).
Content management system
We equip your web solution with a user-friendly content management system to allow easy content updates and edits so that your non-tech employees won’t need to call a technical specialist every time they need to post a new article.
Backend for a mobile app
Your web platform may also be the backend for a mobile app to help patients access their health data from devices and benefit from social media integration and push notifications.
By optimizing your web platform, we ensure a seamless connection between the backend and frontend. While withstanding heavy data loads, your resource will display content quickly and accurately.
ScienceSoft’s business analysts with 5-9 years of experience in healthcare gather and define web platform requirements based on your needs, outline the scope of the medical solution, plan its functionality, and estimate costs.
UX and UI design
To make the web solution engaging and easy-to-understand for patients, medical staff, etc., our UX designers closely analyze user needs, map user journeys, design interactive UX wireframes. UI designers transform the UX wireframes into a catching interface.
Development of a medical web solution
Our web developers with experience in healthcare deliver web-based medical solutions and, if required, custom or platform-based content management systems for easy updates of medical web platform’s content. They develop the solutions according to all relevant regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., HIPAA) and implement appropriate security measures (e.g., user access management, patient data encryption).
Integration with the IT environment
We plan and implement HL7 integrations with medical software and ensure interoperability with EHR or EMR systems, hospital and patient applications, practice management systems, customer management systems, and more.
Quality assurance of a medical web solution
ScienceSoft’s QA engineers plan and conduct functional, integration, security, accessibility testing of a medical web-based solution to verify that it is efficient, fast, and secure. Healthcare software is also checked against HIPAA compliance requirements and other relevant regulations.
Healthcare web software implementation
After the elimination of the detected defects and bugs, medical web software is implemented and ready to use. To ease solution adoption, we offer training materials on the solution use for patients, medical staff, medical content contributors, etc.
Medical web software support and maintenance
If required, ScienceSoft is ready to provide L1, L2 and L3 support and maintenance services and ensure high availability and reliability of your web-based medical platforms. To give you a competitive edge, we can also conduct software evolution and improve functionality and design of your medical web solution.
This patient retention technique can help reengage the web solution users (e.g., patients who visited the facility some time ago). We integrate the following content personalization methods to help you attract new patients and accelerate revenue growth:
The web platform personalizes content using patients’ personal information like:
Patient engagement tools
Aimed at helping patients get fully involved in their wellbeing activities, our web solutions provide access to reliable medical information and services:
Embedded patient portal
It’s important for patients to track their health data, treatment progress, examination results, billing information, etc. So, based on our 17-year experience in custom healthcare software development and medical website development, we create these key features and make sure they are fully compliant with HIPAA, HITECH, ISO 13485 standard, etc.
When filling the web platform with interactive and SEO content, we suggest going beyond the general analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, and gather the following metrics:
Timelines for Healthcare Web Design and Development by ScienceSoft
- First medical web software version with priority features – 2-6 months (depending on the web software type, functionality, integrations).
- Major releases of secondary features – every 2-4 weeks, rolled out according to the pre-agreed schedule.
- Hot fixes of usage, technology, and code issues – within 24 hours.
- Roll out of planned functional modules during medical web software evolution – every 2-6 weeks.
How It Works
Personalize patient experience and recommendations according to their health history, search history, and more.
Strengthen patient engagement in a healthy lifestyle with interactive tools
Build patient trust by sharing information about your medical staff members and their competencies
Provide patients with detailed instructions for treatment and self-care and get information on their recovery via a questionnaire
Implement online visit scheduling to ease the load on the call center
Help patients keep track of their upcoming appointments and screenings and share lab test results online
Improve patient motivation for healthy lifestyle routines by introducing challenges
Share educational articles and practical resources on disease prevention, healthy lifestyle, etc.
Provide in-built payment options for the medical services
Get visualized analytics insights on patient interaction with your healthcare organization and website
We define the quote for the medical web design and development services. The payments are bound to the project’s milestones.
Optimal for: Simple web design and development projects where no scope changes are expected (e.g., a website of a medical practice).
Time and Materials (T&M)
The payments are bound to an hourly rate of outsourced medical web development specialists and reported completed tasks. Thus, we charge you for the actual time spent on project.
Optimal for: medical web design and development projects with the large scope that is likely to change, solutions requiring integrations with medical software.
T&M with a cap
This pricing option is similar to T&M, but there is a fixed maximum total charge.
Optimal for: medium-size medical web design and development projects needing to reduce financial risks.
Patient Health Portal
A web resource helping patients take advice from care experts, contribute to discussions and explore numerous healthy food recipes, initiatives and opportunities.
Medical Faculty Internal Portal
An internal resource with an extended retrieval system to help medical student study and research.
Clinic Map Website
A portal offering information on several medical organizations and allowing patients to contact health providers directly as well as schedule appointments and ask for urgent care.
Launch Your Medical Web Design Project
Experienced healthcare website development company, ScienceSoft can launch your medical web development project within a week. Our team of talented BAs, UX and UI designers, medical website developers, QA engineers will take over all aspects of your project.