Help Desk Outsourcing Services
Be it an ERP, CRM, or HR management solution, a mobile or a web application, we provide IT help desk services to companies that need to outsource user and solution support. ScienceSoft can help you with software products you offer to your customers and with corporate applications and systems that your employees use.
We offer assistance with software issues from password resetting to complex issue investigation on the code level. With IT help desk outsourcing, you don’t need to hire and train support personnel and still can remain sure that your software and its users are taken care of.
Don’t exhaust yourself with the painful issues your product or solution may bring.
Entrust your help desk tasks to a reliable provider with 30 years of experience in IT.
With the profound experience in software development, IT consulting, QA, IT infrastructure services and more, we go far beyond just following the instructions on how to address software issues. We understand software from the inside and apply this knowledge to design help desk processes and address software issues efficiently.
We adjust our support services to every user category, from novices to experts. We solve minor issues reported by new users and offer trainings and webinars that help to quickly adopt new software. For experienced users, we provide the investigation and quick resolution of non-trivial issues.
To encourage further self-support, we create a knowledge base with the content tailored for every user group: from beginner guides to articles on how to solve complex issues.
We participated in numerous short- and long-term projects with both IT and non-IT companies, and we know how to establish effective collaboration within a team. We ensure successful cooperation of our help desk specialists with software developers, network and application administrators, QA team members and other professionals, both in-house or external, to guarantee that each issue is investigated and handled by the relevant specialist.
To quickly assign a service ticket to a specialist with the right set of expertise, we offer segmenting the support team into different levels according to the complexity of issues they are expected to handle.
Our help desk specialists answer questions about software usage, provide instructions to solve usage issues and minor problems, such as restoring access when users forget their passwords, and create user guides, FAQs, and support articles.
We help to resolve the issues of software configuration, software and hardware interoperability, perform log investigation to identify root causes of problems (e.g., server overload) and fix them if enhancements at the code level are not needed. We are also ready to offer combined L1/L2 support to speed up ticket processing.
As an option, we offer L3 support. It includes tackling complex issues on the code level. We involve software engineers who can assist with fixing defects uncovered by L1 and L2 agents.
How We Arrange Our IT Help Desk Services
Analysis of your request
We analyze your request for support services, identify user roles and their access levels and estimate the number and urgency of incoming requests. This will help us size up the efforts required for your project.
Service planning and SLA preparation
We discuss with you the details of our cooperation and prepare the service level agreement (SLA) accordingly. Depending on a particular case, this document normally includes:
- The description of the support service package and the estimated budget.
- Support hours (for example, 24/7 or 12/5 servicing) and languages of communication.
- The support team’s size and expertise, levels of support provided, contact channels and the type of the ticketing system used.
- Definitions of incident priorities.
- Incident response time depending on its priority.
- A reporting schedule and the data that reports should contain.
To ensure that the chosen scope of our services corresponds to your business needs and expectations, we offer a three-month trial period and can introduce the changes to SLA, if needed.
Knowledge and responsibility transfer
We study software documentation, conduct interviews with your company representatives and analyze software functionality. This helps us to understand how software is designed and how it is expected to behave. Then, we prepare the needed documentation and instructions for our team.
When knowledge transfer is completed, we set up a support handover meeting to transfer responsibility from your development or another support team to our help desk specialists.
- Processing requests according to SLA: we receive, assess, prioritize, and handle incidents. We regularly update users about the status of their current tickets to keep them informed. Besides incidents, we solve problems that cause multiple similar incidents to occur. This allows for preventing software failures.
- Analyzing results and delivering monthly reports: we provide you with the reports containing the statistics on incidents in the agreed format.
- Gathering user feedback: we collect users’ feedback about software, gather change requests and thus supply get the info that prompts at how to modify software according to user needs.
- Creating the knowledge base: on the basis of the encountered and solved cases, our team prepares FAQs, articles and other materials that can help software users to solve similar incidents. This significantly decreases the number of incoming tickets and reduces incident resolution time.
- Conducting proactive support: monitoring your software and detecting abnormalities in its performance, we identify potential issues and address them even before service tickets come.
- Offering process improvements: using KPIs, we analyze the performance of our help desk team and define possible improvements in help desk operations. After prioritizing these ideas based on potential business results, we discuss them with you and implement the approved improvement ideas.
ScienceSoft offers a possible set of KPIs to measure the effectiveness of the provided support services.
Examples of optional KPIs:
The final set of KPIs is agreed with each customer.
Having cooperated with a wide range of customers, we know how to bring value to every business by:
- Improving solution adoption: your product end users are provided with prompt and comprehensive answers to their questions on software usage, which helps them to uncover and realize the full potential of the solution.
- Increasing end user satisfaction levels: software issues that your clients or employees face are solved as quickly as possible, which makes your clients and employees more loyal to your software products and company.
- Eliminating staff issues: since you don’t have to hire, onboard and train help desk specialists in your internal team, you avoid unwanted investments and commitments to save time and money for the more relevant business needs.
How much does it cost?
A price depends on the support level, time coverage and the expected number of requests per month. Our team is ready to provide an estimate upon your request.