EHR Integration Services
Ensure Secure and Compliant EHR Integration
Based on its 17 years of experience in healthcare IT, ScienceSoft provides consulting services and practical help with integration of medical IT ecosystems and software products with EHR and EMR systems.
EHR integration services is a way to implement smooth and compliant data exchange between a health records system and other medical software for improved medical data consistency and workflow efficiency.
ScienceSoft Is a Leader in Healthcare IT Services Market in 2022 SPARK Matrix
ScienceSoft is featured as a leading healthcare IT services provider, along with Athena Health and Oracle Cerner. This achievement is a result of 17 years of tireless pursuit of technological innovation, made possible by ScienceSoft’s passionate team of healthcare IT experts who always strive to make a difference for patients and caregivers alike.
+20% medical staff efficiency
No need for manual PHI input from/to various IT systems, and therefore substantially improved medical staff performance.
Reduced risks of medical errors
75% of clinicians using EHR-integrated apps say that easy access to comprehensive patient data helps them prevent a medical error.
Improved clinician satisfaction
EHR-integrated systems enable the medical staff to perform their clinical tasks faster, decrease PHI search time and paperwork load.
- Clinical Decision Support Systems.
- Prescription management software.
- SaMD used to aid physicians in diagnosing and disease management (e.g., tumor identification software, drug prescription assistance software).
- Physician portals.
Clinical operations software
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) systems.
- Practice management software.
- Healthcare CRMs.
- Clinical trials software.
- Medical imaging software.
- Laboratory information systems.
- Radiology information systems.
Why Work with ScienceSoft
- Experience in the IT industry since 1989 and in the healthcare domain since 2005.
- Integration and database architects with 7-20 years of experience.
- Working experience with healthcare standards (e.g., HL7, FHIR, DICOM, ICD-10, CPT, XDS/XDS-I).
- Working experience with HIPAA, HITECH, FDA, ONC, MACRA, MIPS, CEHRT, SAFER regulations.
- Practical expertise in a range of integration approaches (e.g., API-based, message-based integration) and architecture designs (e.g., microservices-based, service-oriented architectures).
- Established Lean, Agile, and DevOps culture to streamline the EHR integration project delivery.
- 9 Microsoft Gold Competencies, including Application Integration.
- AWS Solution Provider experienced in app integration with AWS tools.
- ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by Financial Times.
- International software development company with HQ in Texas, US, and offices in Europe and the Middle East.
- ScienceSoft’s RPM solution won the Best Healthcare Technology Solution Award 2022 from Health Tech Digital.
Need to Integrate Medical Software with EHR?
ScienceSoft’s team of highly qualified professionals with experience in the healthcare industry and related domains (e.g., health insurance, medical device industry) is ready to design an EHR integration plan and bring it to life to avoid fragmented patient data and improve quality of care.
Benefits of Cooperation with ScienceSoft on EHR Integration
Focus on compliance and secure data handling
We prioritize compliance on all stages of EHR integration projects and are ready for audits to prove our compliance excellence. Following HIPAA, HITECH, FDA requirements, we implement the safeguards (e.g., data encryption, access management) and provide our security policies on data handling upon request. Our focus on quality management, security, and medical software compliance are proven by ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 13485 certifications.
Deep understanding of the healthcare industry
ScienceSoft uses extensive hands-on knowledge of the healthcare industry, its standards and regulations and has Doctor of Medicine consultants on board. With both technological and industry insights, we can integrate required software with any EHR, including market leaders like Epic, athenahealth, Cerner, GE Healthcare, Allscripts, NextGen, as well as niche EHR products and custom EHRs.
Ensured integrity and consistency of PHI
ScienceSoft designs reliable integrations and tests the EHR-integrated system to make sure data remains consistent. To confirm PHI safety, we are ready to enter into a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement directly with each customer.
EHR Integration Projects by ScienceSoft
ScienceSoft has delivered 100+ successful healthcare IT projects and presents selected success stories on integration of various medical applications with EHR.
Implementation of EHR-Integrated Healthcare CRM
Customer: Healthcare and clinical research center in the Gulf region.
Solution: Sleek integration of the CRM system with the Customer’s EHR and PMS ensured that new patient, appointment, or staff entries would automatically appear in CRM.
Telehealth Chiron Mobile App Development and EHR Integration
Customer: Chiron Health is a US telemedicine platform.
Solution: ScienceSoft’s medical app development team has created a HIPAA-compliant telehealth Android application that seamlessly integrates with a set of EHR/EMR systems (e.g., athenahealth, CareCloud), RIS and LIS.
Development and EHR Integration of a Hospital iOS Mobile App
Customer: A US healthcare provider serving patients across multiple states.
Solution: An iOS mobile app that allows healthcare professionals to log work time, capture images, and scan documents as well as view data from a custom EHR system on-the-go.
Telehealth Software Design, Development, and EHR Integration
Customer: A US business running several medical practices that provide primary care services.
Solution: Telehealth and practice management software with smooth access to patient information and convenient billing enabled by EHR integration (using data transfer standards like HL7, FHIR).
EHR integration consulting
What we do:
- Elicit business and technical requirements for EHR integration.
- Choose the EHR integration approach and the tech stack.
- Plan modifications of the integrated apps.
- Provide guidance on regulatory compliance of the integrated system.
- Create a detailed EHR integration project roadmap.
EHR integration for software products
We take over:
- Requirements elicitation, software product analysis, EHR integration planning.
- EHR integration design (e.g., via APIs).
- Software product re-engineering, re-architecting before enabling EHR integration.
- Implementation of EHR integration capabilities for the software product.
EHR integration for IT ecosystems
- Analysis of IT ecosystem, EHR, business requirements.
- EHR integration planning and design of an integrated system.
- Re-engineering, re-architecting of the required IT ecosystem components.
- Implementation of the EHR integration (e.g., via APIs, enterprise service bus).
Our Customers Say
bioAffinity Technologies hired ScienceSoft to help in the development of its automated data analysis software for detection of lung cancer using flow cytometry. We asked ScienceSoft to create a program that could generate a physician’s report from the analysis of single samples by flow cytometry as well as data from EHR/LIS systems.
Our project required a large amount of industry specific methodology and algorithms to be implemented into our new software connected to EHR/LIS systems, which the team handled well. Based on the R script created by bioAffinity’s scientists, ScienceSoft’s team developed a cancer detection app with business logic written in Java programming language. The software takes necessary patient data (e.g., age, name) from a remote laboratory, transforms it from an HL7 message into R script input arguments, interprets cytometry-based diagnosis provided by the R script, and sends the diagnosis as an HL7 message to the laboratory.
ScienceSoft’s developers are reliable, thorough, smart, available, extremely good communicators and very friendly. We would recommend hiring ScienceSoft to anyone looking for a highly productive and solution-driven team.
Maria Zannes, President & CEO, bioAffinity Technologies
We define the fixed quote for the project, and the payments are bound to the project’s milestones.
Best for: EHR integration projects with a fixed scope and time limitations.
Time and Materials (T&M)
We issue a monthly report on the progress and charge you for the performed tasks.
Best for: EHR integration projects of an undefined scope, integration of multiple apps with EHR, an integration process requiring software re-engineering and re-architecting.
T&M with a cap
This option is similar to T&M, yet each project has a fixed maximum total charge.
Best for: EHR integration projects with the undefined scope but fixed budget.
till the first conversation with our representative after your initial EHR integration or consulting request
2 days – 2 weeks
for EHR integration project launch
3 – 5 weeks
to devise the EHR integration plan
From 1 month
to complete the EHR integration project. The timing of this step varies vastly depending on integration complexity
Why EHR Integration Shouldn’t Be Delayed
Proper integration of EHR with your software enables:
- Accurate, up-to-date, and complete patient information securely shared among different healthcare apps.
- More coordinated and efficient patient care due to streamlined access to patient records.
- Faster clinical processes due to decreased manual data transfer.
Integrate EHR with Medical Software Now
ScienceSoft’s healthcare IT team offers fast and cost-effective EHR integration planning and implementation covering all technical aspects.