As the end-users’ expectations and demands continuously grow, the release of a new product without thorough testing phase can bring more risks now than ever before.
ScienceSoft offers full-cycle functional testing services to ensure that your software behaves as it was intended, in compliance with all functional requirements and business needs.
Types of testing
Relying on your project requirements, we will propose an optimal approach to automating functional testing efforts in your project.
For all applications, we assure secure authorization and protection of sensitive data in compliance with GDPR.
We provide functional software testing services under the three cooperation models:
You can choose a model that suits you best.
We test complex Waterfall and Agile projects within time and budget.
We are highly flexible, so our team is ready to:
- follow your tried-and-true methodology or any other methodology recognized in the industry
- set up the process that addresses your needs best (if needed)
- In software testing for 29 years, ScienceSoft applies this ample experience to ensure that you get a quality product within time and budget.
- Over 75 testing specialists combine their testing qualifications with specific industry knowledge to assure the quality of your product, be it mobile, web or desktop solution.
- Our processes comply with ISO 9001:2015 and IEC 62304.
- High flexibility and scalability allow our team to take on testing in complex industry-specific projects regardless of the methodology you follow (Agile or waterfall).
- We establish and maintain productive cooperation throughout the project team.
- We ensure full transparency and control over the testing process delivering a comprehensive set of test documentation:
- Checklists and test plan
- Test cases
- Test results report
- Quality KPI describing the overall project quality and testing efficiency.
Our approach to functional testing
We set off at the very beginning of the software development lifecycle. Testing process runs as follows:
Stage 1. Requirement analysis and clarification
Our specialists seamlessly integrate into your project team. The testing team work closely with BAs, developers and stakeholders to prevent unclear requirements in the specification.
Outcomes: The testing team dive into the Project scope and specifics and draft the test strategy.
Stage 2. Test planning and test design
- Drafting test plan. The Test Lead drafts a detailed test plan that is reviewed by stakeholders and approved.
- Test design. The testing team write test cases/checklists according to the test plan and unite them into a test case document. Each requirement in the specification is transformed into a test case, so tests cover as much of specified behavior as possible.
- Prep measures. ScienceSoft’s testing team set up a well-balanced strategy with an optimal mix of manual and automated testing.
Outcomes: the test plan, the test case document, the test environment and the test data are created and approved.
Stage 3. Stabilization
- Test execution. Relying on the test case document and test plan, our testing team test the product using the prepared test data and test environment. For every build, the team run testing according to the planned test level.
- Defect reporting. Our testing teams submit all the defects found to your preferred defect tracking system. Then we run exploratory testing powered by the team’s knowledge and experience to make sure no bug was missed.
- Test reporting. Our testing team report the results based on the agreed schedule. Test progress reports include:
- executed tests
- defects found
- Defect validation. When the defects are fixed, the testing team validate them to make sure they are gone.
- Regression testing. When the defects are validated, the testing team run regression testing to ensure that the adjacent areas of the application are fully functional. Usually a complete module or a functional block is retested.
Reporting and bug tracking specifics
- Once we have completed each test suite, we deliver a test report with all the quality issues we discovered. Each bug status is documented and is tracked throughout the life cycle.
- Our team use tried-and-true bug-tracking and task management systems, such as:
- Atlassian Jira
- LogiGear TrackGear
- HP Quality Center
- Rational ClearQuest
Always open to dialogue, we are ready to use bug-tracking tools you prefer.
Actions speak louder
With our functional testing services, we have helped industry leaders, including IBM and Tieto, to get a top-quality product within time and budget in the following way:
- Avoiding expensive rework (500 – 1000 man-hours) via detecting system bottlenecks at early project stages.
- Reducing time between releases and developers’ idle time during testing by 15% - 20%.
- Saving up to 700 man-hours per iteration thanks to test automation.
...but words also matter