AWS Managed Services: Stable Applications, Optimized Expenses, Prompt Change Implementation
A reliable AWS Partner backed by the experience in ITSM, DevOps, and other IT areas, ScienceSoft offers taking over your AWS-based IT infrastructure management. We apply our expertise based on 30 years in IT to keep your AWS services and applications based on AWS stable, expenses optimized, and needed changes implemented promptly. ScienceSoft’s AWS managed services are designed to minimize your management efforts and provide you with complete transparency over our IT infrastructure management activities.
Why Choose ScienceSoft as an AWS Managed Services Provider
- A trusted and certified member of the Amazon Web Services Partner Network holding AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, and other certificates.
- 30 years in the IT industry.
- 11-year experience in IT service management (ITSM).
- More than 6 years in DevOps consulting.
- More than 8 years of experience in IoT consulting.
- Over 6 years in big data consulting.
- Recognized as Top IT Company in 2019 by Clutch.
- BBB Accredited Business.
Who Our AWS Managed Services Are Designed For
ScienceSoft’s AWS managed services will fit:
Companies using AWS as IaaS and/or PaaS.
SaaS application providers using AWS.
We also cover specific needs of non-IT companies or software companies with computation- and storage-intensive application(s) based on AWS (e.g., big data or IoT applications).
Our offering may be just what you’re looking for if you need a vendor able to:
- Cover all AWS-related services you use and are going to use.
- Collaborate with your in-house IT team and your other vendors’ teams if needed.
- Configure and optimize your AWS services.
- Organize application and service monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Integrate AWS services with on-premises ones.
- Keep AWS bills minimal and optimize resource consumption, considering the possible changes in load distribution and application architecture.
- Propose and support changes in AWS-based applications and services to reduce AWS expenses.
- Reduce AWS management costs.
When You Should Reach Out for AWS Managed Services ASAP
- You overpay for unconsumed cloud services because of the non-optimized selection of service plans (licenses) and neglect for their terms or for uncontrolled exceedance of data limits for an existing plan (which makes you pay by higher rates).
- Your applications face frequent downtimes with long recovery time and other issues due to improper configuration.
- Your business is growing and you want to get off the burden of operational activities supporting your AWS infrastructure to focus on strategic goals.
- Your applications evolve slowly due to the lack of DevOps expertise and development pipeline automation.
AWS Services We Cover
ScienceSoft covers the following AWS services:
Scope of Our AWS Managed Services
ScienceSoft offers end-to-end AWS managed services covering:
AWS administration and troubleshooting
Our certified AWS specialists apply their hands-on experience to:
AWS infrastructure monitoring 24/7
With the help of such monitoring tools as Amazon CloudWatch, Zabbix, Nagios, ScienceSoft’s team helps to predict and prevent issues at the early stages to avoid systems downtime, and provides you with regular detailed reports on your AWS-based IT infrastructure performance and resource utilization (e.g., CPU, memory, network utilization).
AWS usage optimization
Keeping in mind your business needs, we gather the details on your AWS infrastructure architecture design to further develop a strategy to right-size the AWS services you use, optimize your costs, and utilize available capacities more efficiently.
AWS infrastructure cybersecurity
Taking over your AWS infrastructure management, we are on the guard of its security and apply our expertise to:
AWS infrastructure compliance
We regularly check the compliance of your AWS environment with relevant data privacy and security standards and frameworks, including HIPAA, GDPR, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, NIST 800. We can provide our customers with a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and a GDPR Data Processing Agreement (GPA).
AWS infrastructure evolution
ScienceSoft is ready to help you plan changes and expansions you need to implement in your AWS environment. We provide our assistance to improve your IT infrastructure in close collaboration with your in-house IT infrastructure management team or with the team of another vendor (possibly – within the DevOps approach), or with our own efforts. Our experts are eager to do their best to implement the planned changes avoiding downtime, and help your development and support teams adapt to the changed AWS environment as quickly and painlessly as possible.
How Our AWS Managed Services Can Help You Reach Your Goals
To help you increase the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the AWS services you use, ScienceSoft focuses on delivering the following benefits:
- We ensure regular consumption monitoring to improve resource utilization.
- We properly tune scaling policies for AWS to achieve optimal behavior of the services.
- We select the right instance types and storage classes to suit your application workloads.
- We apply our mature ITSM processes and infrastructure as code (IaC) approach to reduce AWS administration costs.
- We propose changes and improvements in your AWS-based applications to save on AWS services.
- Due to the consolidated billing and affordable prices governed by SLA we offer, your expenses for AWS and ScienceSoft's managed services stay within reasonable limits.
- We ensure a high level of failover automation for your AWS-based applications to protect your IT infrastructure against data loss.
- We are ready either to collaborate with your in-house or another vendor’s team in providing monitoring of AWS services, or organize proper monitoring of your applications running on the top of AWS with our own efforts.
To achieve prompt and smooth implementation of changes within your AWS-based IT infrastructure, we apply our DevOps expertise, i.e. implement CI/CD pipeline, apply IaC approach, automate infrastructure configuration process, etc.
How We Deliver Our AWS Managed Services
- We analyze your current IT situation considering your infrastructure architecture, AWS configurations, etc.
- We interview your business and technical stakeholders to get information on the services subscribed, process descriptions, etc.
- We prepare an SLA and agree on KPIs and SLOs (whether proposed by us or provided by you).
- We take responsibility for managing your AWS-based applications and services.
- We provide AWS managed services described above.
- We regularly analyze our results to check the quality of our AWS managed services and provide you with detailed reports (weekly and/or monthly) to ensure total transparency over our activities.
To regularly improve and optimize your AWS-based IT environment performance and reliability, we provide proposals on possible process improvements quarterly.
How We Build Collaboration
ScienceSoft adheres to a result-oriented approach to collaboration. We align our efforts with the efforts of your IT team, or with the teams of your other third-party vendors. This way, we significantly reduce IT management efforts on your side.
Below, we provide a sample of an effective collaboration approach (it can be adjusted following your specific needs).
Applying KPIs and SLOs to ensure visibility over our service activities
We self-manage the services we deliver. At the same time, you can easily control the quality of our efforts based on KPIs and SLOs so that you were sure our services contribute to the reliability of your applications and services. We design a KPI system depending on our cooperation specificity. Within this system, we propose to cover all the important aspects of our AWS managed services.
- Target budget for AWS services:
- Budget spent
- Over budget approved and spent (if any)
- Target budget for ScienceSoft's services:
- Budget spent
- Over budget approved and spent (if any)
- Your employees’ time spent to handle ScienceSoft's requests
- Reliability (based on SLOs):
- Service availability
- Response time (median, 95th, 99th percentile or other agreed)
- IT incidents (issues appeared in the AWS-based applications and services)
- Changes (by business value and priority):
- Waiting in a backlog