Data Warehouse Testing Services
In DWH testing for 8 years, ScienceSoft has developed skills and expertise to ensure efficient functioning of data warehouses for most complex industry solutions. We make sure your ETL processes work according to your business rules, check your data warehouse performance, as well as scrutinize your reports and dashboards to ensure your BI solution is working properly and delivering trustworthy information.
Data Warehouse Testing: What We Test?
We run comprehensive data warehouse testing to ensure that your DWH powers insightful business decisions. DWH testing with ScienceSoft includes:
If ETL doesn’t run as intended, the data is harmed, altered inadequately or lost on the way, which results in misleading insights and faulty business decisions.
Our qualified SQL-experienced testing engineers follow a data-centric approach and validate the data at every entry point. Running ETL testing, we identify duplicates and triplicates, spot missing foreign keys, check that the transformation goes according to your business rules and make sure that source and target data are consistent.
If the data stored in a DWH is of great volume or variety, our team offers automated ETL testing of your DWH using the following tools:
To power well-grounded business decisions, data quality should be maintained throughout:
DWH performance testing
Our testing engineers run comprehensive performance testing (stress, load, scalability and stability testing subtypes) to detect possible bottlenecks and make sure your data warehouse handles the increasing number of users and/or the growing data volume from data sources and successfully deals with multiple users performing various operations simultaneously.
DWH security testing
Data warehouses contain critical business information (data on clients and employees, enterprise financial data, partner information, etc.) that needs enhanced protection. Running DWH security testing, our experts will check:
Our qualified testing experts will ensure the data security measures you use effectively protect your business data, as specified in your security requirements.
To fit your needs best, we offer two cooperation models:
- Complete DWH testing. Under this model, we perform an all-embracing check of your data warehouse and test ETL, DWH performance and security, as well as reports and dashboards.
- Targeted DWH testing. Under this model, our team tests a certain aspect or aspects (for example, we run only ETL testing). We can also test a certain sub-aspect separately (OLAP, role-based access, etc.)
DWH Testing with ScienceSoft: Testing Process
Challenges We Solve
- Huge amounts of data and data variety. To meet this challenge, our DWH testing engineers thoroughly select data samples to create quality test data. They also run performance testing to make sure large amounts of data don’t slow down the query execution time.
- Time-dependent data meaning is changing as time goes. Our testing experts will prepare representative data samples covering the necessary period (2+ years) and load them to the test environment. Besides, time-dependent data is continually changing, for example, when current date changes from Aug/31 to Sep/1, current and previous months change. To solve this problem, our testing specialists regularly add new test data to test a particular feature of your DWH adequately.
- Endless variations in OLAP. OLAP allows applying various filters, dimensions and measures, which creates a multitude of scenarios to be tested. To manage the testing process efficiently, our testing engineers draft a traceability matrix, which shows the test coverage for each dimension and measure and helps prevent under-testing.
- Business specificity. Testing some DWH components (OLAP cubes and reporting) requires business understanding. Our testing engineers apply professional knowledge in 10+ domains, including retail, healthcare, banking and financial services, manufacturing, and more, to ensure that your solution is fully functional.