Managed IT Services
Managed IT services are a way to keep your IT infrastructure and applications stable, cost-effective, and relevant to the evolving business needs.
An IT company of 33 years, ScienceSoft is a reliable provider of remote monitoring, management and evolution services for on-premises and cloud infrastructures and help desk services.
IT Stability without Huge Spending? Possible!
ScienceSoft will provide high-quality managed IT services to ensure better reliability and steady evolution of your IT infrastructure and apps while keeping IT costs under control.
ScienceSoft can handle all daily monitoring and management and/or long-term optimization and evolution of your IT infrastructure components. We take care of the entire IT infrastructure as a whole or any of its specific parts.
- 76% of our revenue comes from 1+year-long engagements.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified to assure the quality of provided services and the security of the customers' data.
- Industry-wide experience - healthcare, retail, manufacturing, financial services, marketing and advertising, etc.
What Our Customers Say
ScienceSoft has been providing an excellent level of service maintaining the application’s AWS infrastructure, as well as deploying and configuring new Linux-based virtual machines and AWS cloud services.
During our cooperation, ScienceSoft’s team has built a fault-tolerant and highly available application infrastructure with automatic crash recovery capabilities, which makes our web application stable and high-performing.
For the past 6 years, ScienceSoft has been a reliable partner in supporting and maintaining our HR software product. They keep modernizing HR on our demand, introducing new features and tweaking existing functionality to let us better cater to our growing client base. Moreover, ScienceSoft has successfully migrated our product from onpremises Microsoft Access to cloud-based Microsoft SQL Server, ensuring uninterrupted, smooth operation and high availability of HR in the new infrastructure.
CEO, ZEITundZUTRITT GmbH
ScienceSoft has been vital to our company’s growth in ecommerce over the last 3 years. We rely on the team for a variety of Magento support tasks, and they always deal with our problems fast. They are a very versatile company in terms of the number of services they provide. With their help, we’ve successfully upgraded our platform, improved our front-end UI, and developed a more efficient internal workflow to support our customers.
Creative Director, Dot It Restaurant Fulfillment
ScienceSoft offered a simple, yet well-functioning, way to integrate our financial portal with the data management and accounting systems, which allowed us not to get stuck with an overcomplicated data synchronization process. The team was always responsive to all our questions, and we truly appreciated such a collaborative approach.
Director of IT, Texas Methodist Foundation
The scope of our managed IT services encompasses many tasks, from remote infrastructure monitoring to management and configuration of cloud services and security services. We’ll be glad to provide you with a tailored offer including any service components in any combination, depending on your specific needs.
IT infrastructure consulting
- Analyzing the IT infrastructure state and problems and providing recommendations.
- IT infrastructure optimization and migration roadmap.
- Advising on IT infrastructure cost optimization.
- 24/7 monitoring to avoid downtime.
- Troubleshooting incidents (service not available, app bugs, security issues, etc.) and analyzing their root causes.
- User administration, regular software configuration and updates.
- Management of servers, network, cloud and on-premises data centers, and cloud services.
- Virtual desktop administration.
- Vulnerability assessment, vulnerability scanning.
- Regular compliance review (HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, FDA, etc.) and reporting.
L1, L2 and L3 tech support:
- Introduction of efficient SOPs and ITSM processes.
- Resolution of reported incidents.
- User satisfaction rate management.
- User knowledge base maintenance.
IT infrastructure design
Designing a new IT infrastructure or its components.
Setting up CI/CD pipelines, development and testing environments.
Application monitoring, performance management, troubleshooting, enhancement, integration and optimization.
Planning and executing application and data warehouse migration to the cloud.
Cloud usage optimization
Optimizing cloud resource consumption to reduce cloud costs.
- Advising on security improvement using the SecOps approach.
- Security testing of an IT infrastructure and applications (security audit, compliance testing, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing).
- Stress testing (emulation of DoS/DDoS attacks).
Network Operations Center (NOC)
- NOC setup and introduction of efficient workflows and policies.
- 24x7 network monitoring, health checks, incident resolution.
Get Your Personalized Service Set!
Our experts are ready to advise on on the best-fitting service set based on your needs.
Tailored customer communication
- Analyzing information needs of each stakeholder.
- Discussing how best to communicate information (communication means, level of detail, frequency of updates, timing, etc.) to each stakeholder.
- Regularly sharing relevant project status information.
Commitment to bringing value
We strive to bring our customers additional value in every project. In 2022, ScienceSoft was featured on the prestigious Global Outsourcing 100 list, the annual listing of the top outsourcing advisors and consultants.
We define tailored sets of business and IT goals to track the quality of the services we deliver.
Check sample KPIs for some components of managed IT services
- First response time.
- Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT).
- Resolution rate.
- Abandonment rate for calls
- Networks/software/devices monitored.
- Incidents detected.
- Incidents resolved.
- Incident response time.
- Application availability.
- Application change requests implemented.
- Application change requests waiting in backlog.
- Satisfaction of key application stakeholders.
- Application user satisfaction.
Consistent and comprehensive reporting
We ensure service transparency by submitting regular reports on:
- Achievement of team productivity and service quality KPIs.
- Use of resources (actual versus planned).
- Actual project problems or potential risks.
- Revised risk management strategy, acceptability of the risks.
Quarterly improvements in service delivery
- Regular roadmap revision (stated business needs vs. current business needs; value we bring vs. the highest possible value).
- Proactivity in terms of adding improvements or competitive advantages to the service.
Comprehensive knowledge transfer
- Detailed process descriptions and policies regulating IT service provisioning.
- Knowledge transfer to your in-house architects, developers, testers, DevOps engineers, IT support specialists, DBAs, and security administrators.
Flexibility in cooperation models
- Complete managed IT services: taking the whole responsibility for your IT infrastructure component(s). We can also manage other IT services vendors of yours.
- Co-managed cooperation model: cooperating with your internal IT infrastructure department or other IT services vendors.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
Technologies We Work With
Your Questions about Managed Services Answered
How do I know if my IT infrastructure costs may be reduced?
We analyze the current state of your IT infrastructure to see the potential for its improvement and compare the TCO of your IT infrastructure managed in-house vs. by ScienceSoft.
Doesn’t outsourced IT infrastructure management pose a threat to corporate data security?
ScienceSoft adheres to strict security policies and applies in-house security management systems ensuring 24/7 security monitoring to prevent unsolicited access and ransomware threats to sensitive data.
How can a managed service provider guarantee against premature service termination?
Our contracts provide for a substantial transition period so that no potential abrupt termination may occur. As a rule, we deliver managed services to customers for several years, 10+ years in some cases.
IT Infrastructure Support for a Private Diversified Business
Cloud Infrastructure Maintenance and Support for a European SaaS Provider
Remote IT Support for a US Telecommunications Services Provider
L2, L3 Support of a Marketing Campaign Management Solution
IT Infrastructure Security Testing for an Asian Retail Bank
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of 60 external IP addresses.
- Internal network vulnerability assessment and penetration testing.
- Security risk assessment of the client digital channels.
- Simulation of social engineering attacks.
DevOps Implementation for a Retail and Hospitality Company
- CI/CD pipeline implementation.
- Load balancing and HTTP caching.
- IT infrastructure monitoring and log management.
SharePoint Farm Maintenance and Support for a UK Local Authority
- 2 SharePoint web servers, 2 SharePoint application servers, 3 Microsoft SQL servers, and backup storage.
- Security configuration.
Data Center Infrastructure Deployment and Support
- 80 physical servers and 200 virtual machines that run Windows and Linux with VMware vSphere.
- Data center infrastructure design.
- L2 and L3 support.
Best for: L1, L2 support, security management.
At the start of cooperation, we define the ticket cost, and you get charged based on the volume of incidents we resolve monthly.
Fixed monthly fee
Best for: L3 support (defect fixes, minor functional changes), security management.
You pay in advance at a reduced hourly rate for a bunch of hours during which we deliver continuous support.
Time & Material (hourly billing with a cap)
Best for: Evolution of applications and/or IT infrastructure components (introducing substantial changes or adding new functionality)
You receive the end-of-the-month invoice based on the hours or efforts reported per month.
Mixed model (e.g., fixed monthly fee + T&M)
Best for: long-term cooperation entailing miscellaneous services.
You can combine different pricing models best fitting the required activities comprising your service suite.
The costs will also depend on:
We will be pleased to provide a customized estimate for you.