Ecommerce Performance Testing Services
Ecommerce performance testing is a cost-effective investment into website speed examination that goes invisible for your customers but contributes much to their flawless experience. Business speaking, this brings you low bounce rates and high conversions.
In ScienceSoft, we have polished our approach to ecommerce performance testing to back up your website throughout the year and amidst traffic fluctuations. We make sure your website performs stable with expected traffic load and during load peaks at times of marketing campaigns.
- Ecommerce performance testing services for the world’s top ecommerce platforms: including Magento, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, OpenCart, Episerver, Salesforce, SAP and Oracle.
- Extensive expertise in both domain: 17 years in ecommerce and 31 years in software testing and QA.
- Assistance in elaborating and employing performance optimization upon testing completion.
- Quick ROI due to reduced operational losses and enhanced customer experience.
How We Deliver Ecommerce Performance Testing
Knowing how your sales hinge on the website availability and performance, we arrange for a quick project kick-off and delivery within 1-2 weeks. From the moment of our getting in touch to your data-driven confidence in your website performance, our cooperation unfolds in 6 steps.
Defining testing goals
- We go for load testing if you are interested in checking the website performance under normal circumstances or for expected traffic. Hence, we test the website for your average and pick traffic load. The number of concurrent users is agreed upon before testing.
- As you approach sales events, we employ stress testing and challenge your website with the traffic considerably exceeding the expected load. In this case, we will scale the number of concurrent users up until the server can’t handle the load and crashes returning error messages.
Confirming user scenarios
We exploit comprehensive user scenarios for three user roles: a guest user, a logged-in user and a repeat customer. The scenarios cover:
- Logging in or signing up for an account.
- Reviewing previous orders.
- Searching for products in the catalog.
- Viewing product detail page and choosing product variations.
- Adding products to the cart and editing the cart content.
- Checking out.
We adjust the scenarios if user journeys on your website have been heavily customized for your business.
Designing performance tests
Based on the historical data on your web store traffic, we plan number of concurrent users and determine response time objectives and expected test results. We proceed with customizing performance test scripts for your website.
Setting up the performance testing environment
We research your application infrastructure to have full visibility into your production environment and replicate it in test. For the most accurate test outputs, we make sure no other activity is started in the testing environment during test execution.
Executing performance tests
At this step, we run performance tests at the time specified. We are flexible to conduct testing off-hours and off-days, just will need a heads-up in advance.
As the final stage of a performance testing life cycle, we report you back on key performance KPIs:
- Number of requests sent.
- Number of concurrent users for stress testing.
- Hits per second (minimal, average and maximum).
- Response time (average and peak).
- Error rate.
Now, with the full visibility into your website performance, we provide you with a clear call to action – optimization solutions that will help you achieve stable website functioning and survive high-selling periods smoothly.
Performance testing as part of a larger testing strategy for a B2B portal with 500K+ monthly visitors.
Service Plans for Load Testing
We offer 4 service plans designed to cater for ecommerce companies of different sizes.